cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally beginning to get my head above water!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally beginning to get my head above water!

I just turned 29 last month.

When I was 18 I received my first CC...an AmexBlue w/ a 500CL, shortly followed by a BOA CC, also w/ 500.

Then I got a Gap Card with 500CL...

FF from 2004 to about 2007, I had blew all of the cards up, my balances we're well past the limits due to fees/non-payments..i just had no idea what I was doing and ruined myself.

I paid every single one of them off, and closed out all the accounts, and decided to only use debit cards past that so that I was certain I could afford what I was purchasing.

I never thought about my credit once during that period. I made good money, bought what I want, but then in 2013 I decided to check my score, sadly to find it was about 500.

I opened a Capital 1 platinum card with a $350CL. and year later, a Quicksilver with $250CL

HOwever my approach this time was...buy something, hop on the app immediately on my iphone, and pay that amount off that day (or every few days) - not waiting for the months end. 

In my head this was building credit, and keepin gmy balances low...

FF to today, my Capital one platinum was converted to a Quicksilver with a $2200 CL, the original Quicksilver has $1750 CL, and I Just got a VentureOne with a $3000 CL, along with a loan for a 5series BMW. My score last I checked (prior to opening the Venture) was over 660. 

Thats decent progress for less than 2 years, in my opinion!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally beginning to get my head above water!

@Anonymous wrote:

I just turned 29 last month.

When I was 18 I received my first CC...an AmexBlue w/ a 500CL, shortly followed by a BOA CC, also w/ 500.

Then I got a Gap Card with 500CL...

FF from 2004 to about 2007, I had blew all of the cards up, my balances we're well past the limits due to fees/non-payments..i just had no idea what I was doing and ruined myself.

I paid every single one of them off, and closed out all the accounts, and decided to only use debit cards past that so that I was certain I could afford what I was purchasing.

I never thought about my credit once during that period. I made good money, bought what I want, but then in 2013 I decided to check my score, sadly to find it was about 500.

I opened a Capital 1 platinum card with a $350CL. and year later, a Quicksilver with $250CL

HOwever my approach this time was...buy something, hop on the app immediately on my iphone, and pay that amount off that day (or every few days) - not waiting for the months end. 

In my head this was building credit, and keepin gmy balances low...

FF to today, my Capital one platinum was converted to a Quicksilver with a $2200 CL, the original Quicksilver has $1750 CL, and I Just got a VentureOne with a $3000 CL, along with a loan for a 5series BMW. My score last I checked (prior to opening the Venture) was over 660. 

Thats decent progress for less than 2 years, in my opinion!

Kudos to you! Smiley Happy That is excellent!

Message 2 of 6
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

Good job!!!!!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

motivational good job!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally awesome!!

Message 5 of 6
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

That's awesome!!! Keep it going Smiley Wink

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.