cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally checked my scores! EX and EQ FICOs.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally checked my scores! EX and EQ FICOs.

EQ score

8/6/14- 610
1/13/15- 685 with two paid collections still reporting.

Util- 1%
Length of credit history-10 yrs 3 months
AAoA- 2yrs 8 mos
3 inq in last 2 years

EX score
8/6/14- 638 (I'm pretty sure this was a FAKO)
1/13/15- 674 with 3 paid collections showing, but one currently being disuputed.
I'm anxious to see if removing a single collection changes my score at all.

Util-1%
Length of credit history- 10.2 yrs
AAoA-2.7 yrs
3 inq

No TU scores except FAKOs.

CK has it shown at 700 with 19% util and 1 yr 10 mo AAoA.

I'm really happy with the improvement in such a short period. The paid collections will fall off my report later this year, so that should cause a nice bump in my scores and will hopefully get me over 700 across the boards! Near future plans are a car loan and I'd really like to get in with AmEx by the end of the year. My current open accounts are Cap1 Quicksilver (opened 8/14), BoA Secured (8/14), Chase Freedom (9/14), and a student loan (which will be PAID as soon as it reports again). I do expect my scores to stay relatively close to where there are now for a while. I'm going to take advantage of the 0% on Chase and take a hit on my util. for a little fun someplace sunny and warm with my daughters.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Finally checked my scores! EX and EQ FICOs.

Biggest bump will most likely be seen once all major derogs are excluded, which will move you into a "clean" payment history categorization/bucket/

Looks to me like you are poised for greatness!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really hope to see a big jump when everything falls off, but I'd like to think anything bad falling off will at least net me a handful of points.I keep sending GW letters to the CA that held the two collections, but no budging so far. It's hard to be patient in times like these. I'm hoping a vacation and knowing my scores are going to go down a bit with higher util will keep me from checking on things so often. My first goal was 720 across the boards and now that goal doesn't seem like such a long shot. I definitely couldn't have done it without the knowledge of everyone here. I also need to quit browsing the credit card and application forums. Some of those Am Ex approvals are with scores dangerously close to my own.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been picking up an increasing number of points as I got each negative removed. very few for the 1st one (<5) but as I got close to clean the increase has been closer to 20. When the last one came off EQ i got 35...from 673 to 708. Included in that 35 was one month of payment on a loan, so prob more like 32 or 33. My TU and EX stillhave one 7.1 year old paid collection on them and they are 40 points behind EQ so that seems fairly close to the gain from EQ being clean.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been gaining quite a few points each month, but I'm not sure how much I can blame on collections getting removed vs CCs reporting. The free sites are the only ones I use on a regular basis and they show me gaining points with a CA removal, but I know they can be wildly off.

Hopefully EX and TU will get on the ball and delete your 7 year old baddies soon! a 35-40 pt gain on both would be pretty huge!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.