Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally closed 1 of 2 rebuilder cards with annual fees

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally closed 1 of 2 rebuilder cards with annual fees

I called credit one first to close my account. I just paid it off last week & I don't plan on using the card no more because I have other better no annual fee cards that I can use. I knew they were going to try to save me by offering something I can't really turn down & they did just that! Ugh... the rep offered to credit the annual fee I paid for the year so of course I said yes lol. It's win win for me because I'll have a credit balance in a few days & I'll use the card to bring the acct to zero & then cut up the card & cancel in May b4 the annual fee hits. Use it to my advantage!

Now onto the 2nd card I called to cancel. I opened an Indigo platinum card around the same time I opened the credit one card (May-June). Let's just say that the call went horribly! I have an Asian name so it's not uncommon when others mispronounce it but the rep asked if I were a female or male because of my first name!!? I have never had anyone ask me that question & I was quite upset. I wanted to keep the call as short as possible so I went straight to the point, cancel the card because I no longer need it. I mailed out a payment to PIF but it hasn't been received yet so of course the rep goes on telling me I should reconsider & close the acct after the payment posts. *sigh*

After a few more times of asking him to close the acct he placed me on hold for like 10 mins! I kept my cool once he returned & said my good-byes after he finally said the acct was closed. Thank God the card is closed! 

It's only been 9mos post bk7 since I've started my rebuild & I've done very well! I'm going to let my accts & inquiries age for the next year. I'm going to work hard on not applying for anymore new credit cards. Instead I will work on upping the limits on the existing cards. BUT I wouldn't have gained so much knowledge if it weren't for this site!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally closed 1 of 2 rebuilder cards with annual fees

Congrats on your rebuild going well.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.