cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally closed my 2 First Premier cards today....

tag
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Finally closed my 2 First Premier cards today....

... and I feel "clean" strangely enough, even though I've never had a problem with this company other than it's outrageous fees(and the fact that it charges you 25% of your CLI request amount when you get a CLI, Jesus...). Even though they person on the phone said the accounts are closed, I'll be watching these cards over the next few weeks to make sure nothing gets "added" accidentally.

Now I'm left with my Cap One QS1, Cap One Plat, NFCU Cash Rewards & CLOC. Still waiting on my $14.5k CLI on my CLOC to report(it's been 2 weeks argh). That should cut my util% in half to 30% while I pay down my CC's. Smiley Happy

Interestingly, the person on the phone gave me some info from this website to try & keep me as a customer, and even offered me a generous $30 credit & $200 CLI(after 3 years as a customer) to my accounts, but it just wasn't enough to keep me.

Everybody wave bye bye to my FP cards as they sail away to the grinders. *waves*

Edit: I'm wondering if dropping from 5 open cards + CLOC to 3 + CLOC is going to really affect me much. My util % should be fine since I basically just doubled my total limits thru NFCU with my CLOC CLI, but does dropping 2 open cards when you only have 5 do anything other than the possible increase in util%?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Finally closed my 2 First Premier cards today....

Does a line of credit factor into your utilization %? I thought it was just credit cards.

Message 2 of 6
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

It factors into your total credit limit according to my credit report from CCT, which factors into my overall util%.

Message 3 of 6
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats, those cards has done it purpose.  Now it is time to move on to bigger and better cards.  I know the feeling I closed out my Verve card just recently.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Im closing out mine this month, I will have had it a year in Noverber but there going to start charging a 10$ a month fee or something. Time to get rid of it.

much better ones out there!

Message 5 of 6
Espresso
Contributor

Congrats! I cannot wait to close my Credit One...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.