cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally figured out why one of the 3 has my score so much higher (public record)

tag
Greyraven40
Established Member

Finally figured out why one of the 3 has my score so much higher (public record)

I had a state tax lien that was released very soon after it was filed. I don't know if it was never reported to EX or it fell off. There's about a 60 point difference between EX and the other 2. I know getting my state to Withdraw the lien is out of the question but I went on and disputed it anyways with TU and EQ. Best I can tell on my records history the state filed the lien for $0 and it was released 2 months later. Does it help or hurt to harass the bureaus via online dispute, snail mail AND fax? Thanks in advance. grey
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Bell536
Contributor

Re: Finally figured out why one of the 3 has my score so much higher (public record)

I disputed EQ online and mailed backuo info...they ended up creating two separate disputes!

If submitting backup info, either mail it or fax it.  Be careful about doing multiples.

Also... exhaust all options with the creditor first.  CRAs can come back verified too easily because of eoscar system that leaves alot to be desired in the whole dispute process.

Just my opinion...  Smiley Happy

Clean up CR for home purchase.Started on 04/16/2013.
04/16/13 EQ 536,TU 537,EXP 552 Lender pull
04/30/13 EQ 602 MYFico.com 05/12/13 EQ 614 / TU 595 MYFico.com
05/18/13 EQ 625 MYFico.com,614TU 5/28 EQ 625 Mid Score 621 TU
05/31/13 EQ 663 MyFico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally figured out why one of the 3 has my score so much higher (public record)

This is getting dangerously close to endorsing starting false disputes.

I disputed a public record that was reporting incorrectly - the court address didn't match. As long as there's something inaccurate about it, you can dispute that. I had luck getting mine off of EQ but not the others by asking for their method of verification, since PRs usually are reported by a 3rd party and not by the place whose address is on your report. I specifically said that I was not disputing, and I did it via snail mail.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

To clarify, I had 2 PRs, both on all 3 bureaus. I got at least one removed via dispute for the address being wrong and another removed by asking for the method of verification. They did not come off of all 3 bureaus, though, especially since they were not reporting the same on all 3. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.