cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally finally finally the SCT WORKED FOR ME!

tag
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Finally finally finally the SCT WORKED FOR ME!

OMG I am so elated right at this moment! I feel like a giddy school girl, doing my happy dance. I have tried several times to do the SCT (shopping cart trick) with no success. I used tips given on many of the message boards on the topic. But no where could I find step by step instructions on how to get this to work until today. I am going to share how I finally was able to get this done.

First I visited https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t   and OPTED IN if you opted out before it takes a few days to update you to the opted in status.

Second I uploaded another brower, Google Chrome.

Third I followed the step by step instructions from these two youtube videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Hc9B9y5bE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO2rXGlUAzM

I tried this with Marisota's website and it worked and now I have a $350 card with them!

Hope this helps!

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Re: Finally finally finally the SCT WORKED FOR ME!

It just worked again I just got approved for a $350 Victoria Secret card and I had tried 6 times before with no luck!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! :-)

I'm very happy that you have some shopping cart cards. :-)

I can't try that now, I think my scores are too low, but, I plan on doing it in the fall, so, I'd like to ask you a question please.

For each time that you try the shopping cart trick, whether it works or not, do they do a hard pull on your credit report?

Message 3 of 6
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! :-)

I'm very happy that you have some shopping cart cards. :-)

I can't try that now, I think my scores are too low, but, I plan on doing it in the fall, so, I'd like to ask you a question please.

For each time that you try the shopping cart trick, whether it works or not, do they do a hard pull on your credit report?

Nope! The ones that did send an offer only asked for the last 4 of my social security number. Also I get an alert everytime someone pulls my credit, and I got one alert today for a discover card I applied to this morning and was not approved for. My scores are not that great either and it doesn't hurt to try!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! But a word of advice... I know it feels good to get approved for something, but in the long and short run, a bunch of department store cards with low limits won't do you much good. Keep the ones you have, use and pay them off and ask for CLI's.

I just posted this in another thread and it about sums up my feelings on these:

I got two SCT cards, and now I regret it - it lowered my AAoA, and opening the account didn't do much for my score either. Plus, some lendors see it as a negative because you opened too many accounts in the past month, year, etc. One or two is enough, don't go crazy, it's not going to help your score.

YMMV but when my $500 secured Visa reported I got a 12 pt bump. When the two SCT cards reported I got a 6 Pt decrease. They were both soft pulls, so no hit for inquiries.

Department store cards just don't have the same weight as bank cards (secured or unsecured).

Message 5 of 6
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! But a word of advice... I know it feels good to get approved for something, but in the long and short run, a bunch of department store cards with low limits won't do you much good. Keep the ones you have, use and pay them off and ask for CLI's.

I just posted this in another thread and it about sums up my feelings on these:

I got two SCT cards, and now I regret it - it lowered my AAoA, and opening the account didn't do much for my score either. Plus, some lendors see it as a negative because you opened too many accounts in the past month, year, etc. One or two is enough, don't go crazy, it's not going to help your score.

YMMV but when my $500 secured Visa reported I got a 12 pt bump. When the two SCT cards reported I got a 6 Pt decrease. They were both soft pulls, so no hit for inquiries.

Department store cards just don't have the same weight as bank cards (secured or unsecured).

I will definitely heed your advice! I don't think I want to apply for any more cards. It's time to garden now, and get into a huge GW campaign for all the baddies I just paid off. I just wanted a mix of new credit, because MYFico suggest it because my reports are too thin. So now I have 1 secured personal loan, 1 secured CC, 2 unsecured CC, 2 store cards. So I think that's a pretty good mix that should help my scores increase after about 6 months. Hopefully I can get some of these accounts deleted. Problem is the 4 main ones I have are of course the ones that never do GW's. One of them I can barely find any info on them, on here or on other forums. I tried googling and everything, which no luck. So I have a hard long road ahead of me. The four I am looking for are Debt Recovery Solutions, Portfolio Recovery Associates, Cap One, and ACS/JP Morgan Chase.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.