cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally found out which accounts were transferred...now what's the next step?

tag
nvme
Established Member

Finally found out which accounts were transferred...now what's the next step?

Hi everyone,

Well after investigating my credit report I have the following being reported:

Experian

Applied Bank (I believe this was 1st Premier)

Potentially Negative Closed

Credit Card

Balance: $1186

PD:$1186

Date Opened: 1/1/2006

Account Status: Closed

Pymt Status: Charge-Off

Limit:$500.00

Chase (I believe this was Providian ?)

Credit Card

Balance: $0

PD:$0

Date Opened: 3/1/2001

Limit:$748.00

In my previous post, the moderator advised me to send a GW to Chase and a PFD to Applied. I don't have the account numbers and wonder how to remove the Chase since they can't locate my information. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

NvMe
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Finally found out which accounts were transferred...now what's the next step?

Chase (I believe this was Providian ?)

Credit Card

Balance: $0

PD:$0

Date Opened: 3/1/2001

Limit:$748.00

The very first thing I recommend is to determine is the DOFD on the account.  If your date of first delinquency  in the most recent chain of any delinquencies that preceded the CO was more than 7 years plus 180 days ago, it has already reached it mandatory CR exclusion date, and its exclusion from your CR is already mandated.

If the credit report exclusion period has not yet expired, what other derogs are reported on the account?  Most COs additionally have prior 30/60/90+ monthly delinquencies, each with their own, separate CR exclusion dates, that will remain even if the CO is deleted.  I would also keep those in mind, and not just the CO.

When you say they "cant locate my information," how did you come to this conclusion?  They may have just blown off an informal phone inquiry, so I dont know what that really means.  If it truly means that they have no records upon which to investigate a dispute, then I recommend, if you have basis, that you  come up with some legitimate reason to dispute the accuracy of its reporting, as well as any other negative reporting they have made. 

If you can assert a basis for inaccuracy, a dispute is proper.  If you can dig up a dispute, I would recommend filing a dispute through the CRA, forcing them to contact the OC and ask them for verification of the accuracy of the reporting.  For reasons I wont go into in this short post, I would not file a direct dispute with the OC.  Do it through the CRA, since verification is a required part of that process, and is not specifically a required part of the direct dispute process.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.