Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got a FICO score!

tag
doredeb
New Contributor

Finally got a FICO score!

Really happy with my progress so far.  My credit journey in a nutshell: I began in January of this year with ZERO credit (I didn't even generate a FICO score); thankfully, I have no derogatories.  Started by getting two secured cards with small amounts, then opened some minor store cards using the SCT. The first "score" I received was a Vantage score of 670 (I was actually very surprised at this), which increased to 684 over a month's time.  My heart sank when I took a 78 point hit by opening the store cards around the same time (learned my lesson on that one).  I was completely devastated that my "good start" had plummeted virtually overnight...and now I had to wait for it to slowly recover.

Well, with on-time payments for the last six months, the Vantage score DID recover (it's sitting at 694 right now)...and today I finally received a FICO score from one of the CBs...722!  I am over the moon.  Everything y'all said about being patient, using the cards, making payments, etc. really worked!  I gotta tell you - it feels really sweet to FINALLY be in a good place, credit-wise. From zero credit to a FICO of over 700 - in seven months?  Yeah, I'll take it!  And I'm more motivated than ever to keep building.

Keep plugging away, everyone - you WILL see results!  I'm so grateful for the advice I've received on this forum!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally got a FICO score!

Very vell done!!! Congrats and keep up the good work.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally got a FICO score!

Congratulations!! Awesome job! Hard work pays off! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.