cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got updated 3B reports PLUS FICO 9 scores...higher than I thought!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got updated 3B reports PLUS FICO 9 scores...higher than I thought!!!!!

I got my 3B today and everything looks good so far (I will dispute just tiny bit to make sure it's reporting correctly that's all)

Today my FICO 8 vs 9 shows with 1 year post BK7...

EQ FICO 8: 658 - FICO 9: 690

EX: FICO 8: 660 - FICO 9: 687

TU: FICO 8: 640 - FICO 9: 682

And my other FICO 9 shows:

Equifax:

FICO Score 9: 690
FICO Auto Score 9: 706
FICO Bankcard Score 9: 696

Experian:

FICO Score 9: 687
FICO Auto Score 9: 674
FICO Bankcard Score 9: 679

Trans Union:

FICO Score 9: 692
FICO Auto Score 9: 689
FICO Bankcard Score 9: 682

6 REPLIES 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Finally got updated 3B reports PLUS FICO 9 scores...higher than I thought!!!!!

It's always nice when you're better off than you thought. I have yet to really look at Fico 9 scores because it appears most of the kenders still refer to Fico 8. I remember reading up on the Fico 9's recently but can't remember what the differences were.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally got updated 3B reports PLUS FICO 9 scores...higher than I thought!!!!!

@RM21 wrote:

It's always nice when you're better off than you thought. I have yet to really look at Fico 9 scores because it appears most of the kenders still refer to Fico 8. I remember reading up on the Fico 9's recently but can't remember what the differences were.

Right, most lenders use exisiting FICO 8 or prior versions. It would be NICE for most lenders to use FICO 9 Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RM21 wrote:

Right, most lenders use exisiting FICO 8 or prior versions. It would be NICE for most lenders to use FICO 9 Smiley Wink

Meh, I'm less than impressed with FICO 9. My TU is 50 points higher at 690 but EQ and EX are both in the 590's.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is buying the reports the only way to see the fico 9 scores???  I am curious to see what mine would be. 

My understanding is the biggest difference is in collections.  If a collection is under $250 it won't be factored in the scoring.  Unpaid medical collections don't have as much of a negative factor, if a collection is paid off and reporting a $0 balance, it won't be factored in the scoring.    For me, this means this $150 medical collection holding me back on EX and EQ would no longer be a factor.   I have 18 more months before it is gone on fico 8.

edited to add:  I purchased my Experian report just to see the fico 9 score.  I want my money back! lol  My Fico 9 score is 24 points LOWER!! 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@RM21 wrote:

Meh, I'm less than impressed with FICO 9. My TU is 50 points higher at 690 but EQ and EX are both in the 590's.

Yikes! Smiley Surprised That sucks!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is buying the reports the only way to see the fico 9 scores???  I am curious to see what mine would be. 

My understanding is the biggest difference is in collections.  If a collection is under $250 it won't be factored in the scoring.  Unpaid medical collections don't have as much of a negative factor, if a collection is paid off and reporting a $0 balance, it won't be factored in the scoring.    For me, this means this $150 medical collection holding me back on EX and EQ would no longer be a factor.   I have 18 more months before it is gone on fico 8.

edited to add:  I purchased my Experian report just to see the fico 9 score.  I want my money back! lol  My Fico 9 score is 24 points LOWER!! 

Hi mimof4,

That's what I was reading recently about FICO 9 scoring reasons to exclude those with medical collections (Haven't read further than that but will do this weekend if I have time LOL).

I subscribe monthly for 3B (which comes out every 3 months) and yesterday was the first time it included FICO 9 scoring for me, I thought it would be lower due to my recently bankruptcy a year ago but was surprised it's higher than my FICO 8! I've also read others with good credit that got lower FICO 9! It sure is strange and I wouldn't like that either. Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.