Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally hit 700 but still need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally hit 700 but still need help

WOOOO. After over a year of being a good little boy, my TU score is @ 710. My other ones arent as high. EQ: 680 FICO and EX: 659 PLUS score whatever that means. So I'm feeling really good right now. I only have 1 credit card from my bank. I would like to get another one, but I dont know which ones pull from TU. Does anyone have any advice?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally hit 700 but still need help

@Anonymous wrote:
@WOOOO. After over a year of being a good little boy, my TU score is @ 710. My other ones arent as high. EQ: 680 FICO and EX: 659 PLUS score whatever that means. So I'm feeling really good right now. I only have 1 credit card from my bank. I would like to get another one, but I dont know which ones pull from TU. Does anyone have any advice?

That 710 is sweet!!  Congrats!!  But....that 680 from EQ is a nice score too.

I have 2 cards through GEMB.  One is Lowes, one is Care Credit.  These are not bank cards, but rather store cards...or "Charge Cards".  They do not have a visa or master card logo.  FICO likes a mix of cards & these both helped me.  I rec'd both with lower scores than what you or I have now and I have a $2500 limit on the care cred & a $1500 on Lowes.  Rec'd cli's from both.

Just something to consider....and neither did a hit on Experian...who I HATE & they hate me back....and I don't care.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally hit 700 but still need help

Yeah I was excited about the 710 because it was almost a 30 point jump. I got advice from someone who said not to get charge cards because they are only good in the stores which usually means only getting consumer items which is bad debt. So I was trying to get another visa or mastercard to increase my available credit since my current card just increased me last month.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.