Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally in the 700s club!

tag
Makingstrides
Valued Member

Finally in the 700s club!

January 2016 I applied for a loan with my credit union. I was denied due to "delinquent past obligations". At the time I had a FICO score of 598. Since then I've done a lot of research and lurking on this forum. Long story short, I now have 3 credit cards (AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, CapitalOne QS, CreditOne) and a personal loan. Checked my Fico score yesterday and it is now at a 709 Transunion (725 Vantage) Smiley Happy!! Still pushing for a FICO of 720 across the board. I still have about 3 baddies that I've been working on. But for now I think I'll just retire to the garden. Just wanted to drop in and share my success in hopes of motivating others. 

Gardening Since 03/2018

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Re: Finally in the 700s club!

That's wonderful, congratulations!!!

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 2 of 16
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Excellent work, congrats!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

way to go!   Congrats!

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd dump that credit one and get something a little better before going into the garden otherwise excellent work! Dv
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats I be glad when my score get in the 700s

Message 6 of 16
Makingstrides
Valued Member

Thanks y'all! I really appreciate it. Took a lot of hard work and patience lol.
Gardening Since 03/2018

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd dump that credit one and get something a little better before going into the garden otherwise excellent work! Dv

I agree - if the Capital One is more than 6 months old, app for their platinum card. Dump Predator One ASAP.

Message 8 of 16
Makingstrides
Valued Member

Yeah credit one isn't my favorite either but it served its purpose. I'm scared to cancel it because it's my oldest revolving account on file. My average age of credit is horrible as it is. Thoughts?
Gardening Since 03/2018

Message 9 of 16
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Although it is the oldest, what would closing that one do to your AAoA? If it isn't terrible or won't go below 3 years, then it won't hurt you as much as keeping it open IMO. But there are others here smarter than I. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.