Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally in the 700s club!

tag
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Finally in the 700s club!

I'd still cancel the credit one card. You'll keep the history for a bit anyway, and by the time the credit one falls off your report you'll have other cards to prop your credit history up. I second NormanFH & Disabled-Vet, app for the capital one Platinum but I'd check their pre-qualified page first. Congratulations on your rebuilding success so far!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 11 of 16
Makingstrides
Valued Member

My oldest accounts are my student loans at approx 7 to 8 yrs old, Amex is 6mo old, capital one is 9mo old and credit one is 1yr 1mo old. All of my credit cards are young. I used that little simulator from CK to give me a general idea of what would happen if I closed the credit one card. Didn't seem to hurt that much! 😀
Gardening Since 03/2018

Message 12 of 16
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Way to go, CONGRATS!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Makingstrides wrote:
Yeah credit one isn't my favorite either but it served its purpose. I'm scared to cancel it because it's my oldest revolving account on file. My average age of credit is horrible as it is. Thoughts?

It's still worth it to cancel this card and try for either another capital one card or another brand name bank card. With your credit score there is no need to have this predatory card in your inventory period. Your other cards will age well one you're in the garden. Dv

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's great! Congratulations)

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.