cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally my 1st success!! Capital one delete!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally my 1st success!! Capital one delete!

Finally!!!  After my mental breakdown a few days ago over not having any success I finally got one.  I got a surprise letter from Capital One today saying that they are deleting the TL from all 3 CRA.  It was a big surprise because I didn't send a GW.  I sent them a $500 PFD about 2 weeks ago.

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel again.Smiley Very Happy

::Happy Dance::Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Finally my 1st success!! Capital one delete!

Awesome!  Grats!

I'm hoping for similar results with a few GWs I sent out today.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 43
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Can I get the address where you sent your Cap1 GW. I have tried for YEARS with no result.

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 43
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Wow, something is up with Capital One ? Two reports today, a PTD that worked and a CLI on a basic card.....something is not right, unless they are just giddy over the HSBC deal going through or maybe its just the full moon.

Message 4 of 43
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

Wooohoo!! The smell of sweet success!

Wtg! See, your hard work really is paying off. Let's keep the momentum and knock out a few others!

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 43
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

I'm sooo happy for you!!! Congrats!! Gives you that boost to keep going,huh? Smiley Happy

Way to go!!

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

Wow, something is up with Capital One ? Two reports today, a PTD that worked and a CLI on a basic card.....something is not right, unless they are just giddy over the HSBC deal going through or maybe its just the full moon.

Yeah, sounds like Capital One is so happy about the HSBC acquisition.  This is just unheard of.

Congrats to the OP!  I'm sure there will be more coming your way soon.

Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

would you mind sending a message to me with your contact person that you used?  I have tried for so long and have had no luck whatsoever...

Message 8 of 43
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Awesome!!!! Way to go thast is a really hard company to get a delete from.  They are not dleting the whole tradeline just the late payments or was it a charge off?

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 9 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!  Super excited.  I definitely have a boost to keep going now Smiley Wink

annielorie, they are deleting the entire TL from my DH's CR.  He used to have 2 Capital One cards several years ago that went into default.  This one was charged off but still owned by them.  I sent them a PFD offer worth $500 (current balance is $1,700).   For some reason they just decided to delete without payment.  I get to use the $500 toward other debts now.

His second Capital One card might be a different story.  He defaulted on both of them at the same time but for some reason the one that they are going to delete was never sold to a CA.  The other one was sold to Asset Acceptance.  I have sent them a PFD.  If it works then I will GW Capital One.

To those requesting info, I'm sending PMs your way Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.