cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally my 1st success!! Capital one delete!

tag
proudnavymom
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally my 1st success!! Capital one delete!

@Anonymous wrote:

@proudnavymom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks guys!  Super excited.  I definitely have a boost to keep going now Smiley Wink

annielorie, they are deleting the entire TL from my DH's CR.  He used to have 2 Capital One cards several years ago that went into default.  This one was charged off but still owned by them.  I sent them a PFD offer worth $500 (current balance is $1,700).   For some reason they just decided to delete without payment.  I get to use the $500 toward other debts now.

His second Capital One card might be a different story.  He defaulted on both of them at the same time but for some reason the one that they are going to delete was never sold to a CA.  The other one was sold to Asset Acceptance.  I have sent them a PFD.  If it works then I will GW Capital One.

To those requesting info, I'm sending PMs your way Smiley Happy

Good luck with Asset Acceptance.  I just paid a settlement with them that they offered, but haven't gotten them to agree to a deletion yet.  I am still waiting for it to be updated on my CR and then I plan on GWing them.  Congratulations on the delete and best of luck with this one.  

So far I haven't received one response from Asset Acceptance.  I sent them a PFD agreeing to their settlement offer and still nothing.  Might have to send more letters out soon. Smiley Frustrated

I never could get Asset Acceptance to agree to a PFD.  In fact they didn't answer not one of my letters and refused a PFD over the phone.  They did agree verbally to not note it as settled, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.   I finally paid the settlement because it was an extremely good offer.  I have been waiting forever for them to update it on my CR to a balance of 0.  Once they do that, I am going to GW them. 

Starting Scores TU 7/30/09 FICO 493 EQ 9/5/10 FICO 477 EX 11/14/2011 (lender pull) 575
Current Scores TU 10/19/2018 FICO 671 EQ 12/21/2018 FICO 614 EX 5/31/2014 FICO 658
Goal Scores 700 across the board
Message 21 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrChairman wrote:

OP, I just read through this thread, correct me if I'm wrong, Cap1 just deleted the TL with no payment on your part? It seems as though if the SOL hasn't expired they could still put it back on your credit report which knowing Cap1 they will rear their ugly head sooner or later or sell the debt off to a CA. You might want to contact them about paying before you wakeup and find a nasty on your CR.

Yep.  I sent them a PFD and their response was that they were deleting the TL from all 3 CRA.  I was very surprised.  The SOL is expired and the account was due to fall off the CR sometime next year.  I do worry about them selling the account though. 

Message 22 of 43
georgeq78

Will you please PM me the contact info?

Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Could you also PM me the info? Thanks so much Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 43
ash0032001

Could you pm me the Cap1 contact info? I am sending out my first PFD letter (hopefully)!

Message 25 of 43
dujaidecor
Contributor

Will you please PM me the info?

Starting Score: TU488 EQ483 6/4/12
Current Score: TU 662 EQ 670 EXP ??
Goal Score: 680

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

Message 26 of 43
Dianamarie1013
Valued Member

CAn you send me that info as well? Thanks!

Message 27 of 43
mmb
Established Member

If I could also get that info, that'd be great! I have one Cap One charge-off on my CR that I paid in full, and now have 2 (well, 3 with the HSBC acquisition) Cap One cards in good standing with recent CLI, so I'm hoping that might work in my favor!

Message 28 of 43
CasperJack14
Contributor

Could I get the contact info in a PM, as well? I have a charge-off that was settled several years ago that I'm going to try to GW them on. Thanks! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 577 EX 9/9/2015
Current Score: 577 EX 9/9/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 43
DemoBox
Established Member

Hello,  Can you please send me the address of the department you contacted regarding your $500 payment.  Will this be the department I need to contact in regards to a CO that hasn't been sold to a CA? Thanks

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.