cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally my nightmare with GECRB is over! They won most of the battles but I won the war!

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Finally my nightmare with GECRB is over! They won most of the battles but I won the war!

I noticed on my USAA last night that my GECRB/Paypal CO dissapeared, I was so excited but confused becuase I didn't get any communication about it. Well it finally happened today. Thank you BBB!

I have been fighting with GECRB since August over blatantly incorrect reporting, to the point that their senior specilists started to fabricate lies about me to try to make their case stronger. (They claimed that I bounced checks for months after the CO, I got a certified letter from my local bank manager stating I never made any such payments to them and never once bounced any type of payment and sent that in to the BBB with all my evidence)

November 25, 2013

Submitted via Better Business Bureau Website

Ms.XXXXXXXXXX
Better Business Bureau

RE: Mr. wHiTeSoL
Case Number: XXXXXXXXXX
Creditor: GE Capital Retail Bank

Dear Ms. XXXXXX:

Your correspondence regarding the above referenced account matter has been referred to me. On behalf of GE Capital Retail Bank (GECRB), I offer you the following response.

In order to resolve this matter and in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), we have sent a request to the major credit reporting agencies to delete the trade line reference regarding the PayPal™ Extras MasterCard® account ending in XXXX. I have enclosed for Mr. wHiTeSoL's record, a copy of the Universal Data Form, AUD #XXXXXXX, to illustrate this request. Although the request is sent electronically, it may take up to 90 days to be reflected on Mr. wHiTeSoL's personal credit reports.

Mr. wHiTeSoL expressed concern with inaccurate information reflected on his credit bureau file. We sincerely regret any dissatisfaction and inconvenience he may have experienced.

After careful review of all information reflected on behalf of GECRB on each of the credit reports; Equifax, Innovis, Experian, and TransUnion, we find Mr. wHiTeSoL to be correct. Although GECRB provides exactly the same information to all credit reporting agencies, the above referenced account was not reflected on the files of Equifax and TransUnion.

Once an account has been deleted from the consumer's credit bureau file, whether removed by creditor or credit reporting agency, reinstatement of a trade line to the credit bureau file is a difficult process and nearly impossible to achieve. Thus, we are requesting removal of the account from all credit bureaus.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your concerns. If you or Mr. wHiTeSoL has additional questions regarding this issue, please contact me.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Finally my nightmare with GECRB is over! They won most of the battles but I won the war!

Message 2 of 13
Bleu
Contributor

Re: Finally my nightmare with GECRB is over! They won most of the battles but I won the war!

Them , Sallie mae and Creditone ... If they would just dissappear from my report .. life would be wonderful. Grats on fight

Message 3 of 13
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!  Good work!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 13
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

wooohoooo !   I love a victory Smiley Happy

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 5 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats general on your victory

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Great work, and congrats to you!! Hark work pays off!! Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 13
alvon123
Super Contributor

well done!!!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

AWESOME! Very impressive. Hope you don't go back to GE Retail Bank for any credit needs. Seems I could never trust them after what happened. However, if they can sell their retail card services unit it may be a moot point. Again very nice work!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.