Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally on the right track!

tag
steeler68cad
Established Member

Finally on the right track!

Hi I usually don't post to these boards but I have been a long time reader and I just wanted to say that because of all the great information I am finally on the path to credit recovery. I went through a divorce which the end result was terrible credit and some charge offs and late payments. That was back in 2003. Since then I was able to pay off all old debt and I bought a house and I own 2 brand new vehicles and a camping trailer. Just this past week I have paid off all balances on all my revolving credit accounts. And I was able to make an arrangement with the company that was listing the only negative item on my credit reports and I have confirmed the it is now gone on all three credit reporting companies! I also closed out the intial credit card companies that had high interest rates and yearly fees. Now I am watching my credit score go up and up and I am sure once it is reported that my balances are paid down it will go even higher. Right now my FICO is 688.

And no small part it due to the great information from this and other forums. If you perservere and stay true to your goals then you can do anything.

It took a lot of time and effort to accomplish this and a lot of patience and phone calls but it is so worth it!

Thanks for you time.

Starting Score: 567
Current Score: 737
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
800: 850

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NWintellectual
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally on the right track!

Congratulations. Smiley Happy

Starting Score (2/15/14): TU 533 (myFICO) | EQ 509 (myFICO)
Latest score (4/5/14): TU 541 (Lender) | EQ 562 (SW) | EX 576 (myFICO)
Goal Score by 9/30/14: 620+ | Goal Score by 6/30/15: 700+
-----
My wallet:
US Bank LanPass Secured $500 | US Bank HD Secured $300 | Fingerhut $200 | Local CU $1000
Message 2 of 3
mebell
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally on the right track!

Great to hear that the hard work has paid off!

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.