Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally over 620!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally over 620!

I've been trying to fix my credit in earnest since January.  Finally pulled EQ this morning and it was 622.  I got the cc util down to 1%.  Still have a paid collection that they said they were going to delete, but not yet.  I constantly write e-mails and the guy tells me that they are doing it, but it takes time.  It's been 6 weeks now.  Also have a paid Chase CC charge off that they won't delete.  I send the CEO e-mails every day and get letters in return that say no.  Must keep trying.

However, my goal of 620 is done and I filled out an FHA loan package today to buy my house!  Thanks everyone on here for all the advice.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
cjdavis618
Established Member

Re: Finally over 620!

Congrats, I am in a similar boat.

What I understand though is they use the middle score of all of your reports to approve the loans with FHA and that score must be 620 or higher. I'm praying that the 622 is your middle.

Have you pulled the other reports to see what they say?

Message 2 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

StartingSlow wrote:

However, my goal of 620 is done and I filled out an FHA loan package today to buy my house!  Thanks everyone on here for all the advice.

FYI, most lenders now are pulling a version of TU FICO that differs from myFICO.com. You may want to do whatever it takes to get TU to go up (e.g. utilization) just to be safe. If your lender does pull a different FICO version, you can always shop around with another until your two FICO scores match.

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to add it to my sig.  Transunion is 627.  Taking my cc util down from 76% to 3% gave me a boost of about 40-50 pts for both TU and EQ.  Hopefully when this last collection from 16 months ago gets deleted, I will be in the 680-700 range.

But for now, I have a truck with 2 years left on payments.  2 credit cards with no debt, and I will have a house.  Time for credit gardening and get the AAOA up.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does this other TU Fico calculate differently.  Installments are more weighted?
Message 5 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

StartingSlow wrote:
What does this other TU Fico calculate differently.  Installments are more weighted?

Who knows (well, FICO does). Seems for most, their TU'04 version is lower than the '98 version pulled here. I've noticed that many who report a loss have a more limited revolving history (e.g. less revolving TLs, history, higher util, etc.). I'm just supposing and could be wrong though. I don't think it is installments. Seen a few get their first mortgage with a higher TU04 score vs the '98 pulled here.

Thankfully, you can shop around to different lenders or even call to see who pulls what. Maybe you'll get a lower rate out of the deal because the lender knows they are being competed against.

Message 6 of 19
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

WOW!! Your EQ score jumped almost 200 points, from last Aug 08 till Aug 09.

CongratsSmiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 7 of 19
let
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! That is awesome! I'm at 608 desperately trying to get to 620. Hopefully after the 20th my cc will report 0% utilization and I can get those points!
Message 8 of 19
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been trying to fix my credit in earnest since January.  Finally pulled EQ this morning and it was 622.  I got the cc util down to 1%.  Still have a paid collection that they said they were going to delete, but not yet.  I constantly write e-mails and the guy tells me that they are doing it, but it takes time.  It's been 6 weeks now.  Also have a paid Chase CC charge off that they won't delete.  I send the CEO e-mails every day and get letters in return that say no.  Must keep trying.

It takes less than 10 minutes for creditor or collection agencies to submit the request via eOscar to delete a tradeline.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

After I paid my credit cards, I immediately disputed their balance through the bureaus.  It took 3 days for each one to finish their investigation and update my balance.

I know that it is as simple as clicking a button to delete it, but you know how they are.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.