Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally, pre-qualify success from a major bank

tag
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Finally, pre-qualify success from a major bank

@Anonymous wrote:
That brings up the same recommdation page I posted. I do not see this as a Pre-Qualified offer from Chase. This appears to simply give you recommendations for cards and not offers for cards you may be prequalified for.

If I use the link you posted it takes you to general offers there is a button at the top that says "Find My Offers" it then takes you to the link that I gave you where you can enter all your info to see the offers.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting to prequalify for amex... don't know how accurate it is.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got pre-qualified for a discover it card. How accurate is their site does anyone know? I really want it.

Message 13 of 18
rockbttm442
Frequent Contributor

I was told with Discover that if it shows a range for the APR it's a 50/50 chance to get approved. If it shows a single APR your chances are pretty good. 

Cap 1 QS1 - $3300, Kemba CU - $500, Chase Freedom - $500, Sears MC - $751, Sears - $2000, Hot Topic - $1230, Grismer - $1200, Target - $1800, Walmart - $200, Home Depot - $500, Discover IT Chrome - $7000, Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do a search for discover prequalify you can see what people had to say about it.

It's pretty unreliable.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so sorry. You are correct about the prequal webpage. I kept opening both webpages on my phone. Once I went to the bottom of the webpages and opened them with "use desktop sight", I saw the full prequal. It does not come up that way if you open it using a mobile phone or tablet. Thank you.
Message 16 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm so sorry. You are correct about the prequal webpage. I kept opening both webpages on my phone. Once I went to the bottom of the webpages and opened them with "use desktop sight", I saw the full prequal. It does not come up that way if you open it using a mobile phone or tablet. Thank you.

No problem, I use a laptop and have never used a phone to access this site so I was not aware of this.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just used it and I got a specific interest rate offer for the Freedom card.

I was just curious, not ready to apply right now.

I dont know if it matters or not on the prequal site but I do have a realtionship with them - I have the lifetime membership / mortgage.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.