Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally... score changes!!

tag
jnc
Contributor

Finally... score changes!!

I posted recently about not seeing a change in my husband's score which seemed stuck at 673 (for 9 months!), even though I'd paid off one card entirely.

Well, we finally saw a change a few days ago when it bumped up to 680.  No reported changes at the same time so I'm assuming it was the charged off card I had removed (because he was only AU on it).  To say the least, I was pleased.... to finally see movement after so long!

However, nowhere near as pleased as the alert I got yesterday!  Our new balance on our BofA card posted. We went from almost maxed out on our 14k limit to 8800 balance.

Somehow this gave him a 22 point boost!! Which brings him up to 702!

Here I thought it would take me the whole year to get him into the 700s and we're there already! Awesome news because this means I can use the rest of the year to 'pad' that number a bit so I'll feel more confident applying for mortgages when the time comes. Smiley Happy

Yay!

J & C
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: Finally... score changes!!

Awesome. Congrats!
Message 2 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 6
mebell
Regular Contributor

Congrats!! Easiest way to get a score increase is lower UTL... You will more than likely see another increase if you can get it lower than that. Keep it up!

Starting Score: TU 629 6/2013
Current Score: TU 697 (March'14) EQ 688 (April'14) EX 693 (March '14)
Goal Score: 700

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
from500to700
Regular Contributor

Some times it pumped to the time only in my case it was stuck for 6 months and it pops 20 points with nothing changes except AAOA

Started :
05/05/2013 EX :525,TU:542,EQ:535
09/30/2014 EX :655,TU:669,EQ:664
In Garden Since 03/16/2013
Will not Apply till 03/31/2015
Message 5 of 6
jnc
Contributor

Thanks all.

That is the plan. To continue to pay down the last of that debt this year. Hoping to get it to under 10% by the time we apply for the mortgage. Smiley Happy

J & C
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.