Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally . . . some encouraging news!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally . . . some encouraging news!

Last week I sent off three debt validation letters CMRRR and emailed them as well involking the Texas Finance Code and so far I have had 3 quick responses

1) AFNI emailed back within 12 mins that they are investigating and will be in touch. Fastest response from them yet. Still waiting on official word

2) NCC called paniced to tell me that they had no debt on file that same evening. I still sent the CMRRR just in case. We shall see what I get.

3) Vance & Huffman are deleting the trade line since they have to request information from the original creditor and it will take longer than 30 days per the statute. They said they would be in touch via email or fax to provide the documentation I requested when it becomes available.

All of these debts are well past the SOL in Texas (4 years). I don't know if the TFC letters will end up being a permanent fix or just give us a little relief for now. I'm taking any good news at this point.

Thanks everybody!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Finally . . . some encouraging news!

@Anonymous wrote:

Last week I sent off three debt validation letters CMRRR and emailed them as well involking the Texas Finance Code and so far I have had 3 quick responses

1) AFNI emailed back within 12 mins that they are investigating and will be in touch. Fastest response from them yet. Still waiting on official word

2) NCC called paniced to tell me that they had no debt on file that same evening. I still sent the CMRRR just in case. We shall see what I get.

3) Vance & Huffman are deleting the trade line since they have to request information from the original creditor and it will take longer than 30 days per the statute. They said they would be in touch via email or fax to provide the documentation I requested when it becomes available.

All of these debts are well past the SOL in Texas (4 years). I don't know if the TFC letters will end up being a permanent fix or just give us a little relief for now. I'm taking any good news at this point.

Thanks everybody!

Congrats on your success so far!

Message 2 of 8
bakkenluvr429

I know this is an old post but I am presently dealing with Vance and Huffman. Did they ever follow up and provide documentation?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far Vance Huffman has not responded with documentation. Of course, they could do so at any time but the debt is 6.5 years old and I'm guessing they can't get documentation. I'll breath easier in six months ...
Message 4 of 8
bakkenluvr429

Thats good news. Hopefully they wont reappear on your credit report or mine!!  I appreciate your quick response.

Message 5 of 8
bakkenluvr429

How long did it take Vance and Huffman to delete their trade line? They are still on my credit report after agreeing to delete and its making me nervous. Not to mention what its doing to my credit score.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends, I did email them within 7 days and remindeded them of the Texas DV rules. They took it off within about 10 days, after 2 letters. If you aren't doing a Texas DV then it might take longer. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and good job!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.