Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally some good news (for a change).

tag
FixMyCredit1992
Established Contributor

Finally some good news (for a change).

Back in 2010, I got cellular phone service with T-Mobile, who said I had 21 days to try service, and if I did not like it, return the phone back and there will be no charge.

Well, I had spotty reception outdoors, and was unable to use the phone at all inside. So I packaged up and sent the phone back to T-Mobile.

I was moving at the time, and had a change of address. I assumed T-Mobile closed my account.

Fast forward to 2011, I check my credit report, and there is a charge off for over $700 with "Midland Funding".

Turns out that they never received the phone, although tracking said otherwise. Instead of closing my account, they left it open, and the bills snowballed in to over 700 dollars.

Of course, I had no way of knowing this, because I moved and had a new number, I didn't update my mailing adress with T-Mobile, because I thought it was all said and done.

So I first called T-Mobile, and they basically said tough luck, since we wern't able to process the return, your liable for all charges.

Now if this amount was in the thousands, at the point I would of went with an attorney.

So I called the collection agency, and they said they could not budge on anything, due to the fact they needed proof from T-Mobile, which I can't blame them.

So I waited about a year, due to the fact I didn't really need credit, and I had enough on my plate as it is.

So today I called  T-Mobile, and I must of had someone who was actually helpful, they are going to filled why they called an "OCA report", whatever that means.

They said [most likely] that it will be removed, as T-mobile will call them.

Farm and Fleet $3,000 (AU) Paypal Extras MC $1,500
Barclay's Apple Visa $1,200 QVC Qcard $800
Amazon Store Card $600 Discover $500
Walmart MC $400 Victoria's Secret $350
Credit One $300 Fingerhut $200
TU Fico 626

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.