Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally started the home building process

tag
homeinfuture
Contributor

Finally started the home building process

Just signed the papers and picked our lot to build our neww home.. Thak you to this forum for all the help in making this happen. I still have 2 collections 1 medical and 1 credit one charge off with midland to pay but the LO said that I just had to pay them before closing in 6 months. We are doing an FHA loan with a mid score of 601 hopefully it will be higher in 4 months when they lock in my rate. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Finally started the home building process

Congratulations!

If I may ask, do you know what kind of interest rate you are looking at with your current scores?

Message 2 of 7
homeinfuture
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!

If I may ask, do you know what kind of interest rate you are looking at with your current scores?

Right now as it stands my LO says he can get me in at 4.5%

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought  the middle score needed to be at least 620 for an FHA loan?  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Thanks. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read somewhere recently that 'officially' its 580, but some lenders in certain areas are requiring 620.

Message 5 of 7
homeinfuture
Contributor

My lender goes down to a 580 with stricker guidelines. I am working on getting my score to a 620 or better so that I will get a better rate.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is quite old, but did you close on the house? did your score go up?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.