cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally $ to PIF... can I get lates removed?

tag
takethat
Valued Member

Finally $ to PIF... can I get lates removed?

I have been on a payment arrangement with Bank of America since about 2007. There are several lates showing back in 2007. The account is closed. I finally have the money to pay off the entire balance. Can I use this as leverage to get these lates or TL removed from my CR? Should I call or write? Anyone had success with this?

Starting Score: EQ 618
Current Score: EQ 653, TU 674, EX 633
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Finally $ to PIF... can I get lates removed?

Let me know if you have any success.

I have 3 BoA cards that were closed in 2007 and i have been on a payment plan too. All my lates were in 2007 also.

This month, i will be paying off one of the cards. So i'm hoping to GW the 2007 lates so this account becomes positive.

Message 2 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 12
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

The problem with BOA is that they don't "say" no - they just don't respond until you've hit a nerve & contacted someone higher up then they use the good stationary to say NO! LOL!!! I've been trying to get someone at BOA to delete a paid account or at least the lates with no luck for months. Let me know if you have some luck!

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 12
sjt
Senior Contributor

@prolificjinx23

What did you say in your GW letter to B of A? I heard they were reasonable.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 5 of 12
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

@ sjt

The truth.... I was broke at the time I defaulted (without any sob story) but I have paid it in full thru the CA & I know that it's against their policy to delete TL's but if they can find it in their heart to delete it I would greatly appreciate it. I'm desperate to have this resolved. I want to make my dream of owning a home a reality - NOT FOR ME but for my kids! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
takethat
Valued Member

Thank you for the replies, everyone.

I guess my major question is which should I do?

1) Pay off the balance and later GW B of A

2) Wait to pay off the balance until I can get a PFD in writing or some other agreement in my favor?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 12
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Start with an attempt to PFD - send a letter, wait a few weeks, send another letter, wait a few weeks, etc.

Eventually, after enough ignored PFD letters (or actual "nos") and for your own piece of mind, I would then just pay it and flip to the GW strategy. However, I have been trying to get a few lates removed from a BOA loan still in good standing (line of credit, closed, but has been on-time for years now) and I have gotten multiple, adamant "nos" in response to my GW letters. Therefore, I would try really hard for a PFD first because BOA seems to be very unwilling to remove lates through GW. The incentive of PIF will give you a much better chance.

Good luck!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 8 of 12
sjt
Senior Contributor

@ prolificjinx23

I would keep trying and maybe re-word the letter to have them make an goodwill "adjustment" on your accounts rather then "delete the file" You might also mention that you choose the option of a payment plan that would allow you to pay the balance in full rather then a settlement amount.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 12
takethat
Valued Member

Thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.