Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financed vehicle will i get credit card offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Financed vehicle will i get credit card offers

This might sound like a stupid question but I've been rebuilding my credit for over 2 years and I finally got approve and finance a new car the financed amount is 15000 but I just want to know will I get more credit card offers and stuff like that once they see a loan like that on my credit score or how does that work as far as a car loan on credit score
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Financed vehicle will i get credit card offers

Paying on time each month will help your credit. It will help your mix of credit and payment history. But, that doesn't necessarily mean credit card offers will start flowing in. Without knowing what u have on your CR, it will be hard for anyone to be able to accurately answer your question. Do u presently have any credit cards?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I have 8 credit account

Fingerhut
Wal-Mart store card
Target store card
Amazon store card
Forever21 store card
Capital one
And a bestbuy citi visa
& care credit card

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have quite a few cards. I would suspect your score to rise nicely over the next 4-6 months with those cards and the installment loan - considering all accounts are paid on time and utilization is low. I saw a documentary on credit a long time ago and I recall something to the fact that you get max amount of points with major bank credit cards. I see you have a cap1, but, in a few months you might want to try the pre-qualification for a starter AMEX card, BOA card, Chase card, Discover, etc. Also, if you don't know what your FICO score is, try the $1 Credit Check Total offer. Seeing your score will help you judge how close you are to applying for one of those cards. Also, if you still have negatives, work on getting those removed. You seem to be doing pretty good. Keep up the good work rebuilding.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.