Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a "first delinquency" date on credit report

tag
mykalli
Established Member

Finding a "first delinquency" date on credit report

I'm trying to come up with a tactic for a negative mark on my reports. I'm trying to figure out the statute of limitations and the timeframe the creditor could potentially sue me for. I need to find the date of first delinquency. The reports only show a fixed number of months. (usually 24) Only "account opened" dates are in details. 

• How can I find, or figure out the first date of delinquency?

Your help is appreciated.

photo cards6_zps003dbec7.png

Equifax 605 TransUnion 633 Experian 585 / Student loan rehab completed April 2013 / Goal: 700
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Finding a "first delinquency" date on credit report

If you get the reports directly from the CRAs or annualcreditreport.com, EQ will show an actual DoFD while TU and EX will have a drop off date.

They also have a longer payment history, like 81 month or something like that.

Message 2 of 3
mykalli
Established Member

Re: Finding a "first delinquency" date on credit report

@guiness56 wrote:

If you get the reports directly from the CRAs or annualcreditreport.com, EQ will show an actual DoFD while TU and EX will have a drop off date.

They also have a longer payment history, like 81 month or something like that.

Thank you for the advice. I did just what you suggested. I wasn't aware of the formatting differences and level of details in reports purchased at different places. I monitor my reports at USAA and the details just were not there in those reports. I found all the details and longer account historys going right to the CRA's.

Lesson learned:

Reports come in 2 flavors. Watered-down by third party vendors, and full-strength directly from CRA's.

If you need a deeper level of details...go directly to CRA's.

photo cards6_zps003dbec7.png

Equifax 605 TransUnion 633 Experian 585 / Student loan rehab completed April 2013 / Goal: 700
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.