Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fine tuning my CR a couple questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fine tuning my CR a couple questions

I have two accounts left with 30 day lates.
So while I'm waiting on s few results on collect accounts figured I'd do some fine tuning

Ally financial I have 8 30 day lates that are 2+ years old. Someone finally called me yesterday after emailing them and their going to see what they can do. She said she's all for removing them but it's not up to her but she's going to try he best to get it pushed through because of the situation I was goon through.

The other is Harley Davidson.
I have 1 30 day late from October of 2013.
I called Harley and they don't do goodwills. Said it just won't happen. I explained it was paid through the insurance company because the bike was stolen. She acknowledges that she did receive a check for the pay off from the insurance company but they sent it 42 days late.
I told her I understand but the incident happened on October 3rd. I was told to pay my October 11th payment in which I did and that was all that was required, the insurance would pay it off.
The insurance didn't send the check out until November the 15th missing my novemeber 11th payment therefore Harley slapped me with a 30 day late.
So Harley is now telling me to take it up with the insurance company. So I've called AAA and they have me all the info. I'm waiting on the claim adjusted to call me today to see what happened and why the check was cut so late.
Can this be removed? It seems like it's actually AAA fault but how can AAA remove a 30 day late from a Harley account?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fine tuning my CR a couple questions

Ok AAA sent the letter to me and admitted to accidentally attaching the wrong vin to the claim which delayed the payment.
Should I attach the letter with a dispute to have the 30 day removed from that account?
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The insuracne company is not the party who furnished the reporting to the CRA of the late.

Their admission to responsibility should reasonably be basis for the creditor deleting reporting of the late, but that is between you and the creditor.

The CRA will likely view as an admitted late, and thus no inaccuracy.  You are seeking good-will deltion, not a showing of inaccuracy of the reporting.

I would place a call to a manager on their executive staff and explain the situation.  A wooden desk will likely show more concern, and has the discretion to grant exceptions to any normal "non-deletion" policy.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try to take it up with Harley Davidson with the documentation...and get it to an EO.  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The manager I spoke with yesterday said that's it's a no no matter what and that would be between me and AAA. She stated it was my responsibility to make the payment. I would have no knowledge that it was going to be late. I signed the title and handed the keys over to AAA. They wouldn't have called me back to say that the payment was going to be late...ill have to reach out to someone higher I guess....I even brought it up to Harley that this was the 3rd bike I have purchased and have never been late. And we're talking 30-40k bikes. Idk. Frustrating lol
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or the payment was going to be late because of a vin mix up. At that point, long before the November payment. I was no longer the owner of the bike. AAA was....
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.