Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FingerHut CLI Trick

tag
phix
New Contributor

FingerHut CLI Trick

Hey Everyone,

I just got my second increase with FingerHut and I've only had them seen March. They increase me from $800 to $1,300...

However, the way I got the increase wasn't by waiting, I actually sent the CEO an e-mail, I tried 4 different name formats and 3 only got returned, so I know someone got my e-mail. I sent it Sunday night and this AM I saw the $500 increase.

FingerHut - $2,300 | Nordstrom Retail - $500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne - $500 | Credit One Bank Platinum - $450 | Victoria's Secret - $250

Current Scores: TU: 573, EX: 512, EQ: 584 (MPM Scores)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Re: FingerHut CLI Trick

Can you PM me the CEO email?

Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The flip-side of the coin is that each request for a CLI triggers permissible purpose for a pull of your credit report.

Since it is consumer-initiated, they can do so as a hard pull.

The additon of a new inquiry could thus result.

If the additionall CLI is then used to increase spending, with the % util on the card then being the same as prior to the CLI, you could get a net score decrease in the short haul.

The key to getting score increase from a CLI is not using it once it is granted.

Most creditors grant CLIs based on the normal tendency of consumers to then use it.

Message 3 of 9
e35
Regular Contributor

can you PM me as well

Starting FICO scores EX- 422 Feb/2013

NEW 12/13/13 FICO scores
Ex- 638, EQ- 658, TU- 646

Almost there Goal 660 across the board
Message 4 of 9
phix
New Contributor

@RobertEG,

FingerHut doesn't allow CLI by the consumer, they are automatic, but I do agree it could result in a hard pull, but from information found on myFICO I believe they just do a soft pull. I'm not even 100% sure if this was due to my e-mail on Sunday or it just happened to occur at the right time, making the illusion that it worked! Smiley Happy

FingerHut - $2,300 | Nordstrom Retail - $500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne - $500 | Credit One Bank Platinum - $450 | Victoria's Secret - $250

Message 5 of 9
phix
New Contributor

@earlyKY & e35

It's not hard to figure out the CEO of FingerHut, a little research and you'll get the name. Then you just need to try the common e-mail name formats used by larger corporations, obviously they won't use e-mails like cuddlebunny2001@fingerhut.com!

Message 6 of 9
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

I am in NC who does Fingerhut report to? 

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 7 of 9
phix
New Contributor

All 3 CRAs

Message 8 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats on the increase

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.