Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut CLI?

had them for a couple os years, before i really started cleaning up my credit hard core 

CLI are about every 4 months with on time payments, and it's automatic, 

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened a Fingerhut account October 2015 with a $500.00 limit. Credit score in high 500's

Spent $565.00 over 3 months and PIF each month.

5 months later, credit score mid 600's and still stuck at $500 limit???

I'm a bit disappointed, but they did extend me credit after BK to help with my rebuild Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 36
torry590
Regular Contributor

I opened my fingerhut account 11/8/15, they gave me a regular account with a 300$ limit, scores in the low 500s. This was my first rebuild card (Only by a few days lol), they still have me at a 300$ CL, since they like to see "payments" I have opted to almost max it out, and pay them more than the minimum each month. I may PIF here soon, no CLI as of yet. Here's hoping within the next couple of months!

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 23 of 36
crissyanj
Contributor

I've had my fingerhut account since 10/14, starting at $300. I purchase one thing, $80, paid on it frequently, but didn't pay it off. I received an increase in January to $600. I didn't purchase anything until July '15 and ended up returning it. Another increase to $900. I hadn't made any other purchases in a while, they have me a temp increase to $2300 to entice me to use their credit. I used a little bit and now at $2000.

It's great for utilization!!
Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@torry590 wrote:

I opened my fingerhut account 11/8/15, they gave me a regular account with a 300$ limit, scores in the low 500s. This was my first rebuild card (Only by a few days lol), they still have me at a 300$ CL, since they like to see "payments" I have opted to almost max it out, and pay them more than the minimum each month. I may PIF here soon, no CLI as of yet. Here's hoping within the next couple of months!

torry590,

With a 590 TU FICO you should look at the Cap1 QS1 & Plat. In my opinion, they are the absolute best rebuilder CC on the market. Keep in mind that you may NOT actually see a "Congratulations! You're Approved" type message when you go to the pre-qual site but if you app one you should get it (if you have a clean record with them for over 1yr) and if you do then turn around and app the other right away.

Message 25 of 36
Method2Madness
Regular Contributor

Since this has been resurrected (On Easter weekend, nonetheless!) I suppose I'll add my . 000002 cents.

Fingerhut was my very first creditor along my rebuild path. They gave me a $300 (revolver), which I immediately maxed out like an idiot, but paid double the minimum each month. And like clockwork, got a $500 CLI on the third month. I haven't touched it since and have pif, so I don't expect another.

Got a Gettington account the next month (Same company, cheaper prices) and did the same thing (double the minimum payments) and have yet to receive a CLI. But I kind of expected as such, seeing as how I only bought one item from each, and since paying in full on both, haven't touched the accounts. (They've served their purpose)

Bluestem/Webbank lines are GREAT for rebuilding. But once you're at a point you can get traditional tradelines, I suggest moving on.

They're quite pricey (especially Fingerhut) and not to mention, I just got an email last month starting they're increasing APR's....

Total Available Credit: $145,950   ||Feb 2018||EQ08-705||EX08-728||TU08-741||

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Fingerhut account since 10/2015. With a $400 CL, I made a $356 purchase in 11/2015. I paid it off in 3 payments. Still no CLI. I guess it's just luck of the draw.

Message 27 of 36
torry590
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@torry590 wrote:

torry590,

With a 590 TU FICO you should look at the Cap1 QS1 & Plat. In my opinion, they are the absolute best rebuilder CC on the market. Keep in mind that you may NOT actually see a "Congratulations! You're Approved" type message when you go to the pre-qual site but if you app one you should get it (if you have a clean record with them for over 1yr) and if you do then turn around and app the other right away.

I am blacklisted, it has been longer than a year though.  Each time I apply they do not even pull my credit. It just states that I handled another account unsatisfactorily. 

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut was my first rebuilding revolving account. Started with $600.00 in April 2015. I've received a couple of automatic CLIs and now I'm at $1,500. I keep about 10% on the account by buying something once every 2-3 months and pay more than the minimum. 

The pricing for items is on the high side, and shipping is very expensive. But, if you're rebuilding it's a good place to start.

Message 29 of 36
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@torry590 wrote:

torry590,

Cap1 secured cards are one of the most common you see people with, it seems. 

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.