Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut Fresh start/revolving

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Fingerhut Fresh start/revolving

My husband was approved for a FH fresh start acct about a month ago, we completed the program about 2 weeks ago and our home page or whatever on FH website has been saying congratulations in big green letters "you've completed the FH fresh start program, you're on track to graduate! Within the next 30 days you may receive your welcome kit for a revolving FH credit acct issued by web bank"

We *may* receive a welcome kit??? How exactly does this work? Are we going to receive a welcome kit or what? How do they determine that? Or does everyone get one? 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Melanie220
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fingerhut Fresh start/revolving

I called after I completed it. I was given a $200.00 credit limit. This was in April. It reported this month.
Message 2 of 13
rebuildingmission2013
Contributor

You should get at least $200 by next billing cycle since you completed the program.  You can also try to get approved for an immediate revolving account through their sister company, gettington. 

Message 3 of 13
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

We had a $230 CL with the fresh start acct. 

Message 4 of 13
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

The CL could go down with the revolving acct? Or since we had a $230 w/  fresh start should it stay the same or go up?

Message 5 of 13
rebuildingmission2013
Contributor

I'd guess that you'll either get a $250 or $450 account off the top. 

Message 6 of 13
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

and do I need to call or anything? Or will it automatically go into a revolving acct...

Message 7 of 13
rebuildingmission2013
Contributor

It's automatic but takes a billing cycle to appear.  Perhaps you could call and speed up the process. 

Message 8 of 13
silyrabit
Established Member

Did you pay off the FH freshstart on the first payment?

I'm interested because i'm at my first payment, but i don't want to pay it off if it will possibly jeperdize me getting the revolving.

thank you

Message 9 of 13
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Absolutely do not pay off with first payment. It says in terms and conditions you have to pay at least 2 monthly payments before paying it off. If you pay off with first payment you've failed to show on time monthly payments and won't graduate to revolving. Good luck
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.