Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut Freshstart? Please explain

tag
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

Fingerhut Freshstart? Please explain

Could someone please explain this to me? I know that I have to send a $30 deposit after ordering something but do I have to pay the balance off in 6-8 payments to graduate? I was approved yesterday before my initial post and was very excited lol

For example, let's say that I order something that's only $60. I send the 30 deposit. Can't I just pay it off completely or does it have to be six payments, six months in a row?

Please forgive me for this silly question. I am not unintelligent but, thanks to a brain injury, some things only become clear to me after a detailed explanation Smiley Happy Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut Freshstart? Please explain

Basically you make a one time purchase of 50 or more them place the 30 down payment. then you make payments on it. As for the 6-8 payments isnt really needed to graduate to a regular account. I just graduated from the freshstart program myself. My process was only 23 days. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 5
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much Smiley Happy I just didn't want to mess up the program by paying the item off in less than 6 pmts.

@Anonymous wrote:

Basically you make a one time purchase of 50 or more them place the 30 down payment. then you make payments on it. As for the 6-8 payments isnt really needed to graduate to a regular account. I just graduated from the freshstart program myself. My process was only 23 days. 

Message 4 of 5
dawnm72174
Regular Contributor

That is so great Smiley Happy Fingers crossed it'll work the same for me.

@Anonymous wrote:

My journey with the freshstart program http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/My-Fingerhut-Journey-From-FreshStart-to-Revolving-Account/m-p/3442231#M365229

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.