Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut Goodwill Success...Sort of

tag
mzgg09
Regular Contributor

Fingerhut Goodwill Success...Sort of

I wrote a goodwill email to some higher up at Fingerhut. Couldn't really find the CEO email. The gist of the email is basically asking for deletions of the Citi/Fin and Metabank/Fin chargeoffs. I settled the acct with Jefferson Capital Systems a couple yrs ago. But anywho, some days later after sending the goodwill their credit analyst call and acknowledge they got the email. Basically she made me an offer for their Fresh Start program. I asked if they are going to delete the old tradelines. She didn't know for sure. She said everything but yes and no. So I went ahead and accepted the fresh start. I'm thinking I will goodwill them again after a few payments. And then again by accepting their offer my hope is that it will put me on their radar with having a positive credit line and delete old chargeoffs. What do you all think? Did I make the right decision?

Experian 750 Equifax 750 Transunion 753
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
rd2rebuilding
Valued Member

Re: Fingerhut Goodwill Success...Sort of

please update us on the outcome of this scenario: do they just open a new tl? do they open a tl and delete the other others? or do they revert the old tl into a positive, open one?? also, could you please pm me the address you e-mailed your goodwill to? I have sent a couple of goodwills via snail mail with no response... 

Message 2 of 8
mzgg09
Regular Contributor

I will definitely keep positing my progress with them. Hopefully I will have good news to report back soon. I will pm u the email address rd2.

Experian 750 Equifax 750 Transunion 753
Message 3 of 8
makrstne
Established Member

Can I have the email?

Any updates?? In trying to do the same.
Message 4 of 8
JPeanut503
Frequent Contributor

Any chance you could pm the email you used to me as well?  Much appreciated.

Beginning myfico score watch 608 (4/4/14)
EQ 652 (9/17/14) myfico
TU 641 (9/17/14) myfico
EX 671 (9/17/14) myfico
**Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

can i have the email as well. Thanks!

Message 6 of 8
deedee25
Established Member

Hi can you please send me the email address trying to send a goodwill letter also....

Message 7 of 8
sledge187

Can someone send me this email as well? I have been searching for a while for Fingerhut and Credit One contacts. I found the Credit One guy but I can not find his email address.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.