Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut, I love you

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut, I love you

So I just got approved for 180 dollars in finger huts fresh start program thing. I understand this isn't really an accomplishment but its the self esteem boost that I needed after a month of hard work and research clearing up my report. I've never had someone extend me credit before ever. Thank you all for your help.

Downside: OF COURSE they hard check my TU that has the most inquiries of the 3 bureaus (was 3, now 4.... oldest to fall off in December)

-shamrock
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fingerhut, I love you

@Anonymous wrote:
So I just got approved for 180 dollars in finger huts fresh start program thing. I understand this isn't really an accomplishment but its the self esteem boost that I needed after a month of hard work and research clearing up my report. I've never had someone extend me credit before ever. Thank you all for your help.

Downside: OF COURSE they hard check my TU that has the most inquiries of the 3 bureaus (was 3, now 4.... oldest to fall off in December)

-shamrock

It is an accomplishment and congrats on the approval Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

So now I have a cap 1 secured, fingerhut.... I just need one more, any suggestions? I'm thinking opensky so I dont have tp take the inquiry hit, and I'm pretty sure no unsecured will take me
Message 3 of 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
So now I have a cap 1 secured, fingerhut.... I just need one more, any suggestions? I'm thinking opensky so I dont have tp take the inquiry hit, and I'm pretty sure no unsecured will take me

If you can get into SDFCU (St Dept FCU) and put the secured funds into your savings and then app for secured by phone its a SP. You might call and check to see if they use an HP to join the CU Im not sure on that one.

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a credit union now that does secured loans but thry run a credit check and dude said I can't have any unpaid collections
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

-shamrock

It IS an accomplishment, so celebrate it! And SHARE your milestones for the many others here who are also looking for a self-esteem boost Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 19
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Congratulations... 

I've read that Discover will be taking Secured card applications in January. Just wanted to let you know. It would be good to save up,an get you with them. For as I know the card will graduate. 

Also don't make the mistake I made,  an get Credit One.  It's hard not to apply for the easy cards, when your desperate for tradelines. You should also try Capital One. I was shocked...  when I got her approved,  unsecured. With a 550 avg score. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah but I don't even have a score, cap 1 hits all 3 bureaus, I'm not wasting an inquiry on a guaranteed no
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

These are my current stats: no fico scores
Tu: 3 unpaid collections (one was paid to a different ca, n should be deleted )
ex: one unpaid collection
Eq: one unpaid, one paid

Total of 2 unpaid collections, 378 and 255
Total of one paid: 16... yes sixteen *eyeroll*
Message 9 of 19
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

They are expensive, but in 2011 I was broke for Christmas and I got a catalog in my mail. They approved me for $300 I believe, enough to buy the family a shared gift that was a wii and a couple games. They are sharks but they also with the Salvation Army saved my Christmas. They will be always in my heart. Every Christmas since 2013 when I recovered from the recession I remember them and the Salvation Army and do a generous donation each year since. God Bless them.
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.