Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut Mess Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut Mess Advice

There was a Fingerhut Fresh Start account on my husband's Credit Karma that we let get late last year while I was having health problems.  When I saw the Fingerhut on there after we decided to take charge of this mess and start rebuilding back in January I logged into their website to pay it.  I have the payment confirmation and then 24 hours later the account balance shows $0.  The payment also processed through my bank.  The problem is when we pulled his actual CRs there it's listed as a CO and there is a collection agency, LVNV, listed on 2 of them now as well.  I didn't find this out until after I had made the payment to Fingerhut directly.   I tried emailing them and they replied back that the debt had been sold and to contact the CA.  I sent out a letter with the receipt of payment and their online account information that is now showing $0 when before my payment it showed $149.  I got a letter in the mail today (dated before I sent mine (so much this have been in response to the email) for debt validation.  They included a printout of the charges  and payments and the crazy thing is that on this printout my payment on 1/29 is listed.  On the letter, it gave me the number and name of the CA to contact.  I'm really not sure what to do at this point.  This was definitely a newbie mistake since it's the first time I've ever attempted this and before I found this forum.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Fingerhut Mess Advice

So who is reporting the collection? LVNV? or FIngerhut?

What are the reporting balances now on your credit report?

If this is paid, your only result now is to GW Fingerhut if they are reporting. If LVNV is reporting i would dispute them as "obsolete".

Good Luck!

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut Mess Advice

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

So who is reporting the collection? LVNV? or FIngerhut?

What are the reporting balances now on your credit report?

If this is paid, your only result now is to GW Fingerhut if they are reporting. If LVNV is reporting i would dispute them as "obsolete".

Good Luck!

Fingerhut is reporting it as a charge off with the $149 balance.  LVNV is reporting it as an open collection with the same amount listed.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.