Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut Mistake?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut Mistake?

This thread is bubbling over with positivity and I just wanted to join in. I'm on the Fresh Start plan with Fingerhut right now and I have no regrets. It's given me an 11 point boost so far and now I am addicted to coffee because I bought a Keurig, so I'm pretty sure I'm more productive, too. teehee. Thanks Fingerhut!

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I posted here a few weeks ago on how I'm trying to build credit for the first time. I have one hospital bill I'm working on getting off my report. My first credit card was six months ago which was a secured $99 down $200 CL. I got an increase to $500 last month. I then applied for QS1 and was approved for $500. I wanted one more credit card and for some stupid reason I applied for Fingerhut but after reading reviews and finding out how they can mess up your score by reducing your CL I no longer want to use it. This morning I was shocked to find out I was approved for an Overstock store credit card with a $2000 CL (using the shopping cart trick). I feel so stupid that I have applied for Fingerhut. I can kick myself. What I want to know is, if I never use Fingerhut will they close the account? I'm afraid if they close it, it will hurt my score which is 621 right now. Should I just make a small purchase and let it report? If I use it will they be giving promotional credit increases and taking them away if I don't use it messing up my score? I just don't know what I should do. I know I made a great mistake. 

Don't even worry about it. I have had an unused FH account for almost two years now. Just sitting there reporting a $400 limit and 0% UTI in good standing every month.

Even if they do close it, its not going to hurt you in the least.

Message 12 of 13
jjbryant3
New Contributor

i have had my Fingerhut account for 10 months. started at 300 now at 900 i would imagine it will bump again. nothing but a positive great experience. i love them and plan to keep them

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.