Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut confusion

Having a little trouble with this Fingerhut Fresh Start program.

I bought a pair of shoes back in September for $84.85, and then paid the $30 down payment leaving me with a balance of $54.85. Made another $15 payment in Oct, leaving me with a balance of $40.85. Today, I get a letter from Fingerhut outlining the Fresh Start program. The balance says $54.85 and that I have to make EIGHT payments of $7.81 to complete the program.

EIGHT payments? I thought after reading everything I could about Fingerhut on these boards that it was more like 4 or 5 payments. And since I already paid the $15, am i in danger of not completing the Fresh Start to their liking?

Any advice would be great.  Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut confusion

Is it possible the letter was generated prior to receipt of your most recent payment?

Have you called them?

March 2015: EQ: 571 TU: 574 EX 602
November 2015: EQ: 653 TU: 700 EX 677
November 2015 Mortgage Scores: EQ: 640 TU: 676 EX: 672
Goal: Mortgage April 2016

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contacted them via chat and this is what they said:

"Once you made your monthly payments after 3 months you may pay off all your balance."

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good. So you'll be okay and can complete the program.

Good luck to you!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you view your Fingerhut account info online?  Online is usually more up to date and accurate than the letters that I've received in the mail from them.  I always immediately compare any mail from them with my online account information and then make a phone call if there is any differences found.  Always keep notes of the name of the representative you spoke to and any employee number they may give you as well as a reference number if available for your call.  I keep a binder with each monthly paper statement, my online payments and confirmation codes printed out, and if I've had to call, I staple a sheet of notebook paper that I've taken any notes on from the conversation with the info above for all of my different accounts, Fingerhut included, for each month.  Staying organized helps a lot, especially when a situation like this comes up.  You can easily find all the information you'll need to get the situation taken care of quickly.  I would call them about the discrepancies you're seeing.  The extra amount you see may be interest, shipping fees, or other fees.  Make sure you note the changes in your paperwork.  Good luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.