Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut...does this seem right?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut...does this seem right?

So i placed an order on 7/14. fresh start. 30$ down cleared 7/16. 

contacted online chat rep, they say my first payment wont be due until 9/15/15...54 days until my first payment is even due? i dont know why but this just doesnt sound right at all.

Also. The rep told me that "I can pay it off in as many payments early, or as soon as i want (From this point) and i will still graduate out of fresh-start. anyone have any experience with being told this?

""I realize i had another Fingerhut post but since this is different i figured id make a new post""

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Fingerhut...does this seem right?

From my experience with Fingerhut, it does take that long to report and do the first payment. What I don't recommend is paying it quickly. Pay what they are asking for the first three months (outside of the $30 down payment) and on the fourth month, go ahead and pay the rest. After the statement cuts, you will be upgraded to the revolving line of credit. I hope this helps. Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 5
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So i placed an order on 7/14. fresh start. 30$ down cleared 7/16. 

contacted online chat rep, they say my first payment wont be due until 9/15/15...54 days until my first payment is even due? i dont know why but this just doesnt sound right at all.

Also. The rep told me that "I can pay it off in as many payments early, or as soon as i want (From this point) and i will still graduate out of fresh-start. anyone have any experience with being told this?

""I realize i had another Fingerhut post but since this is different i figured id make a new post""

Credit Card Account: You request that we consider you for a revolving WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account that you can use for future purposes, and that we send you a credit card or account number if you are approved. If you pay off your initial purchase within 6 payments or earlier with no instance of late payments, we may issue a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account to you. However, if you elect to pay your entire balance due at the same time as your down payment, then this will cancel your Loan and you may not be eligible to be considered for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account. You may not be eligible to be considered for a WebBank/Fingerhut Advantage Credit Account if you die, file for bankruptcy, enter a consumer credit counseling service program, make any past due payments, or have any payments returned unpaid, or if you enter any other negative credit status.

SRC: http://www.fingerhut.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=FreshStartTC

As for the later reporting. My account had also taken a long time to report and was over a month before my first due date. I'm not sure if this is normal for installment loans because my car loan and my furniture loan both were the same way where it was almost 2 months before my first due date.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

By that wording I could essentially pay off on first or second statement... I might push it a bit longer I guess but good to know
Message 4 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
By that wording I could essentially pay off on first or second statement... I might push it a bit longer I guess but good to know

When I tried to do it this way, the customer service rep said I was saying I was paying it off too sooner so I did it that way.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.