Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut finally deleted!!

tag
mzgg09
Regular Contributor

Fingerhut finally deleted!!

I'm a little late posting this. I sent a gw letter asking for early deletion of old charge off account. Was scheduled to be deleted Sept 2015. I currently have a fingerhut account that's in good standing. They sent letter back saying they must report accurate info blah blah blah. But a month later it had been deleted from the two reports it was listed on. Very happy. Had been trying for a while to get them to delete.
Experian 750 Equifax 750 Transunion 753
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Fingerhut finally deleted!!

@mzgg09 wrote:
I'm a little late posting this. I sent a gw letter asking for early deletion of old charge off account. Was scheduled to be deleted Sept 2015. I currently have a fingerhut account that's in good standing. They sent letter back saying they must report accurate info blah blah blah. But a month later it had been deleted from the two reports it was listed on. Very happy. Had been trying for a while to get them to delete.

Good job!

They probably also realized that you had a good account in good standing to help their decision! Way to go!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mzgg09 wrote:

Your posting suggests that Fingerhut is forgiving! They appoved you although in the past your account was not great. Did the old account have a balance when you were approved for the new account?

Message 3 of 7
mzgg09
Regular Contributor

Yes I wouldn't believe it if it didn't happen to me. Fingerhut has a heart afterall. I initially wrote to some higher up person at fingerhut last year to delete the account. I was met with a call from someone in their credit dept about opening a fresh start account. All this is while the old charge off account was still reporting. Reporting twice actually. I wasn't interested in getting an acct with fingerhut. Actually didn't think I would be able to get one. But anywho, I accepted offer only as a means to them softening their hearts and removing old charge off account. I had paid Jefferson capital system the balance several yrs ago. Long story short, all my efforts to get them to gw and delete fell flat until two months ago.

Experian 750 Equifax 750 Transunion 753
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mzgg09 wrote:

Yes I wouldn't believe it if it didn't happen to me. Fingerhut has a heart afterall. I initially wrote to some higher up person at fingerhut last year to delete the account. I was met with a call from someone in their credit dept about opening a fresh start account. All this is while the old charge off account was still reporting. Reporting twice actually. I wasn't interested in getting an acct with fingerhut. Actually didn't think I would be able to get one. But anywho, I accepted offer only as a means to them softening their hearts and removing old charge off account. I had paid Jefferson capital system the balance several yrs ago. Long story short, all my efforts to get them to gw and delete fell flat until two months ago.

Ok I see.  The old account was showing as zero balance when new account was approved.  

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!.....Thanks for sharing...Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you happen to have the contact info for Fingerhut? I have been trying to get a paid CO removed.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.