Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut question

tag
Kizzel00
New Contributor

Fingerhut question

So 3 years ago I originally had applied for fingerhut fresh start did it, and then times got very tough for me. I ended up not paying my regular fingerhut account and it eventually was charged off. Well as I'm trying to rebuild cresit, they show on my credit report as a charge off and there is also a collection agency listed for it as well.

I actually liked finger hut and want to get in good grace with them again as I am financially in a way better place. I signed into my old account with them today and it's showing my balance with them. It also gives me the option to pay. So I sent them an email just now asking if they still owned the debt and if so if they could recall it from collections so we could work something out. Was this the right move? I'm hoping I can get back in with them as well,I just now did their prequalify and it stated I qualifies for 500... don't know if that's a good sign or not since it seems they still own the original debt. Well thank you to anyone that responds Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut question

I'm not sure if the original creditor and CA can both be in your credit report, wouldn't that be duplication and you're able to dispute? only ONE should have the right to collect the debt. With that being said, I think if Fingerhutt is able and to take the payment and request to retract it from the CA then you'll be better off. Ask if there's any way, they can re-open the account and doesn't show as C/Off. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OC and CA can both report a collection. And if the CA takes you to court and get a judgement against you that can be reported also. This isn't considered a duplicate account. However, as far as I'm aware, 2 CA's can't report the same account.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kizzel00 wrote:
So 3 years ago I originally had applied for fingerhut fresh start did it, and then times got very tough for me. I ended up not paying my regular fingerhut account and it eventually was charged off. Well as I'm trying to rebuild cresit, they show on my credit report as a charge off and there is also a collection agency listed for it as well.

I actually liked finger hut and want to get in good grace with them again as I am financially in a way better place. I signed into my old account with them today and it's showing my balance with them. It also gives me the option to pay. So I sent them an email just now asking if they still owned the debt and if so if they could recall it from collections so we could work something out. Was this the right move? I'm hoping I can get back in with them as well,I just now did their prequalify and it stated I qualifies for 500... don't know if that's a good sign or not since it seems they still own the original debt. Well thank you to anyone that responds Smiley Happy

Sounds like you made the right move. Hopefully they respond positively. They are all about credit rebuilding, so I'm optimistic for you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.