Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut response to GW email

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut response to GW email

Hello everyone,

So I have been on this journey since August and since then, have been succesful in raising my credit score by decreasing utilization, paying on time, etc. There are a few negatives I have

120+ late on Credit One (current)

60 day late on Fingerhut (current)

$68 charge off checking account from local credit union (paid- refusing to remove when talked to customer service rep, gave me a hard time with even updating 0 balance, which has been over 30 days)

$972 charge off Victorias Secret account (settled with them but they 'lost' my last payment - sent proof of payment 4/21)

Anyways, I have been sending GW letters and emails for the last month or so to every address I can find for each company. I recieved an email from Credit One Corporate that they are going to review and will get a response in 10-14 days on 4/21. Today, I recieved a response from Fingerhut that I was dreading. They stated they are reporting accurately and included the disclourse statement in regards to negative reporting. I feel discouraged at this point since I have been spending a lot of time and money to try to fix my credit by August. I hope to be approved for a USDA mortgage loan at that time rather than having to find a new place to rent. 

My current scores are Ex 622/Eq 650/TU 653 but cannot be approved with these negative items, especially the Credit One late and Comenity Bank charge off. If anyone has any advice or kind words of encouragment, that would be greatly appreciated!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fingerhut response to GW email

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

So I have been on this journey since August and since then, have been succesful in raising my credit score by decreasing utilization, paying on time, etc. There are a few negatives I have

120+ late on Credit One (current)

60 day late on Fingerhut (current)

$68 charge off checking account from local credit union (paid- refusing to remove when talked to customer service rep, gave me a hard time with even updating 0 balance, which has been over 30 days)

$972 charge off Victorias Secret account (settled with them but they 'lost' my last payment - sent proof of payment 4/21)

Anyways, I have been sending GW letters and emails for the last month or so to every address I can find for each company. I recieved an email from Credit One Corporate that they are going to review and will get a response in 10-14 days on 4/21. Today, I recieved a response from Fingerhut that I was dreading. They stated they are reporting accurately and included the disclourse statement in regards to negative reporting. I feel discouraged at this point since I have been spending a lot of time and money to try to fix my credit by August. I hope to be approved for a USDA mortgage loan at that time rather than having to find a new place to rent. 

My current scores are Ex 622/Eq 650/TU 653 but cannot be approved with these negative items, especially the Credit One late and Comenity Bank charge off. If anyone has any advice or kind words of encouragment, that would be greatly appreciated!!

I was fortunate enough to have my CO removed from Credit One, so GW requests are actual considered by them.  I would give up on Fingerhut; although they provide a service for rebuilders, if you are unfortunate to be late or CO with them, they are not very forgiving. 

As you have settled the other accounts, if you have some positive accounts reporting that will eventually help your scores.  Only time can heal the damage that all of us have at one time or another to our credit. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an authorized user to 3 accounts with high limits and minimal utilization, as well as about 7 additional positive accounts with no late payments. A few have over 50% utilization on the cards but am working on them to get them to at least 25%. Merrick bank utilization will be my highest. I'm just hoping Credit One forgives the late payments and Comenity Bank fixes or forgives that charge off. Those would make the biggest impact. I will keep fingerhut open just for zero utilization and just let time take its course for that one. And then just waiting for the credit union to report a zero balance, and keep trying to send goodwill letters in hopes it will eventually be removed.

Thank you for your reply! Really hoping for Credit One and Comenity Bank to be forgiving! Will update when I get an answer.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit one is very forgiving. I sent a goodwill letter with a attached proof that I paid the debt and they removed it from all three burueas. The CO was slightly over 4 years old.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 30 day late from 2 years ago with Fingerhut. I received the same letter 2 days ago. I've been writing them every 3 months. I've written every head person in their company. I'm closing the account today. The limit is only $200 and I don't use it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.