Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerhut

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fingerhut

Upon going to a credit counselor I found that someone has gotten things from Fingerhut twice in my name.  One looks like it has been sold to Federal Pacific Credit in the amount of $448.00 and the other is Fingerhut-Webbank in the amount of $127.00.  I have tried to contact both of these debtors and I have had no luck only letters returned to sender and cell phone numbers given to me by representatives.  i have left several messages regarding both inquiries and no return calls.  I have never received anything from Fingerhut.  When I disputed them with the credit bureaus they came back as verified but as I stated they are not my charges.  Please tell me what I can do to get these investigated and removed from my credit reports.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fingerhut

@Anonymous wrote:

Upon going to a credit counselor I found that someone has gotten things from Fingerhut twice in my name.  One looks like it has been sold to Federal Pacific Credit in the amount of $448.00 and the other is Fingerhut-Webbank in the amount of $127.00.  I have tried to contact both of these debtors and I have had no luck only letters returned to sender and cell phone numbers given to me by representatives.  i have left several messages regarding both inquiries and no return calls.  I have never received anything from Fingerhut.  When I disputed them with the credit bureaus they came back as verified but as I stated they are not my charges.  Please tell me what I can do to get these investigated and removed from my credit reports.  

Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

I would just use the ID Theft laws afforded you in the FCRA its the fastest way to resolve this.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect-Yourself/td-p/2059499

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.