Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fired off a GW email to Nelnet last night

tag
torry590
Regular Contributor

Fired off a GW email to Nelnet last night

Fired off an email to a Nelent Exec about a GW on some 4 lates from 2013 on my student loan accounts....Aaaaannnnnddddd..... I got a response first thing this morning via a phone call.  I missed the call as it came from an "Unknown Number" and they left me a voicemail saying they would like to speak to me in regards to the email and to give them a call back at a particular extension.   Has anyone had any experience sending off a GW letter or email and receiving a phone call after?  What was gernerally the experience/outcome? 

As of 5/2021 EX8: 616 | TU8: 665 | EQ8: 662
First Premier $700 | Capital One Secured $500 | Discover It $1,000 (formerly secured)
Capital One Quicksilver $400 | Credit One Platinum $300 | Victoria's Secret $200
Express Next $500 | Williams Sonoma Store $400 | Brylane Home $250 | Chime Credit Builder NPSL
Walmart World Mastercard $300 | Aspire Mastercard $500 | Cerulean Mastercard $750
CFNA Bosch Car Care $800 | First Premier no AF $700 | Avant Mastercard $300 no AF
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fired off a GW email to Nelnet last night

@torry590 wrote:

Fired off an email to a Nelent Exec about a GW on some 4 lates from 2013 on my student loan accounts....Aaaaannnnnddddd..... I got a response first thing this morning via a phone call.  I missed the call as it came from an "Unknown Number" and they left me a voicemail saying they would like to speak to me in regards to the email and to give them a call back at a particular extension.   Has anyone had any experience sending off a GW letter or email and receiving a phone call after?  What was gernerally the experience/outcome? 

I have sent a GW email to them regarding two 120 day lates (Jul & Aug 2013) on my loans... they did not call but sent a letter stating they made an error and removed one of the lates (Aug 2013). I didn't bother with the other late as it is accurate. I am in the process of home buying and do not want to jeopardize my loan.. but once I close I will be hounding them again to have it removed. It may be the answer you're looking for.. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fired off a GW email to Nelnet last night

I sent a GW letter for late payment removal and got a reply back via mail of sorry but no.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.