Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Bank of Delaware/ Continental Finance Charge off Question

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

First Bank of Delaware/ Continental Finance Charge off Question

I have a charge from a first bank of delaware credit card that shows the last date of activity in August 2008. 

In Nov. 2013, collectors from a company called JP and Associates actually sent two Cook County sherrifs to my house to serve me with a warrant over a 300 charge off.

So, I paid the the charge off which JP and associates had racked up to 1800... I felt suckered but scared. 

I am looking at my TU and EX credit reports and there is a charge off from First Bank of Delaware/ CF on there. I read in the forums that due to a ruling, a lot of people had tradelines with them deleted... I was wondering, should I dispute this?? Or would it reage the debt and look newer? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Bank of Delaware/ Continental Finance Charge off Question

Dispute the tradeline if it is inaccurate. I had one removed with no problem. It was not a charge off but I had one payment reporting late. It was deleted from all three agencies. I forgot which government agency I talked to but she told me they most likely won't respond to the disputes.

Message 2 of 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

Just wondering. Wre you afraid you would be arrested. I would have said ok. There is no debters jail in America. 

Unless you did not answer court order. So why did you pay ? 

Message 3 of 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

I have these same crooks on my report. Last activity. 10 2007. Will fall off in 2 months. 

However I will call credit agency to ask to remove early. Not dispute. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.