Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Bank of Delaware/Contintental Charge off help

tag
leenburke
Established Member

First Bank of Delaware/Contintental Charge off help

I did a search on the forums for First Bank of Delaware/contintental and came across a bunch of posts about a lawsuit and how they were supposed to delete all tradelines from credit reports.  On my credit report, I have a charge off from them and the note says it was sold to another lender.  However, there is no CA listed for this debt anywhere on my credit report and I have never received any bill from them.  Anyone have any idea how to get this deleted?  Or if anyone has any contact info for someone to contact, please PM me.  I want this gone :-) Thanks!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
virgo
Established Contributor

Re: First Bank of Delaware/Contintental Charge off help

There is a federal law in place that requires all information pertaining to this bank to be removed.  The credit bureaus are well aware of this.  Call them and tell them they are violating an order from the federal government.  Don't say that this is a dispute. If you say dispute, they will take 45 days to remove.  They have had five years to remove this item.

There are many threads on this forum that describe this issue.

Here is the fax # for Experian  1 972 390 5776

Im looking for Equifax and TUs numbers.

Message 2 of 13
G_kwr

The only way you can get it deleted is to try and send a goodwill letter to the creditor. You also could try to get a settlement with the original creditor then have a pay for delete of the charge off. Just because a CA buys the debt they don't have to list it, they may sit on it for a while or resell it later.

Message 3 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@virgo wrote:

There is a federal law in place that requires all information pertaining to this bank to be removed.  The credit bureaus are well aware of this.  Call them and tell them they are violating an order from the federal government.  Don't say that this is a dispute. If you say dispute, they will take 45 days to remove.  They have had five years to remove this item.

There are many threads on this forum that describe this issue.

Here is the fax # for Experian  1 972 390 5776

Im looking for Equifax and TUs numbers.

The suit that you are referring to also says the card had to have been opened during a specific time frame.

Message 4 of 13
rwt
New Contributor

I too have a charge off from them, the date its supposed to fall of report is 5/2014. I disputed this on all three a while back and it fell off transunion and equifax but still shows on experian. Do I need to contact experian and just tell them it needs to be removed?

Seedling:

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: 595
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 13
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Yes. they shouldn't give you any problems as long as you fall in the time frame. also...you could ask for deletion as being obsolete ...but they should. remove anyway.
Message 6 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@randyrhodes wrote:
Yes. they shouldn't give you any problems as long as you fall in the time frame. also...you could ask for deletion as being obsolete ...but they should. remove anyway.

To be deleted as obsolete means it is beyond the 7.5 years of reporting time. 

Message 7 of 13
rwt
New Contributor

Is there a link or site to find out what the time frame for this is?

Seedling:

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: 595
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 13
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Not necessarily. i just recently had one removed as obsolete that was within a couple months if falling off. i was speaking from personal experience, not from a broader standpoint. simply statfing that he may talk to a CRA rep that will agree there is no need for the tradeline to remain.
Message 9 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Let me clarify my point.

You cannot dispute as obsolete as it is not obsolete and it is a violation of the TOS of the forums.

On the other hand if you should contact the CRAs, leaving the word dispute out, and just ask if they can remove it early, that is ok.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.