Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Barclay's statement cut timing?

tag
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

First Barclay's statement cut timing?

Hey folks,

Does anyone have any insight on when Barclay's tends to cut your first statement? I got my card last week, and am trying to optimize how much spending actually gets shown on that first statement (normally I wouldn't mind showing them a generous spend, but I'm also in the midst of applying for an apartment and want to keep my util down to keep my score as high as possible). Would it be about 30 days, or sometimes faster than that? Any insight much appreciated.

Thanks!

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Barclay's statement cut timing?

If I recall correctly , Barclay reports the TL almost immediately (within 48hours)  But cuts the 1st statement 28days or so later.

Best bet, call them. They can tell you for certain.  Also, if the due dates don't work well for you simply ask them if you can change it to something more convienent for you.

They will do it for you.

But the very 1st 'Due Date" will remain the same, and the Close date will move. (but doesn't matter as it'll be 0 due)

Then it will be Due and close on the date you request thereafter.

They are very friendly and easy to work with, just give em a call to be certain.

Message 2 of 3
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: First Barclay's statement cut timing?

Awesome - thanks so much! Totally agree - they've been great so far, I will give them a ring to figure this all out.

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.