Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First CC...just wondering???

tag
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

First CC...just wondering???

How much did your FICO jump when you got your first card? I know many of you have had CC's forever and may not remember, but I am hoping for a nice little boost since I have never had one its been hurting me more than I ever even knew before joining this community. I have 5 unpaid medical collections I plan to PFD or HIPPA once I get my tax return and once I do that I will LITERALLY be debt freeSmiley Happy. What do you think I can expect (ballpark of course)

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
whodatnation2
Regular Contributor

Re: First CC...just wondering???

I opened my 1st credit card about 3 months ago(1st one in years anyway) and I got a 25 point bump.

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Regardless of the amount of any immediate bump, you need revolving credit in your file, as FICO places high reliance on your use of revolving credit in their risk analysis.

It is definately a step that will, as the account builds age and good payment history, help your mix of credit and provide a necessary revolving trade line.

A credit rebuilding must......

Message 3 of 6
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Im so excited guys. I know that no one can give me a definite answer, but this is a first for me and I am in a place in life where responsibility outweighs anything else. "Fun" is a temporary delight, but knowing that I am handling business is something that I know will follow me through life!!

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 4 of 6
FrugalRican
Blogger

I think it's time to change your sig to "Just keep winning... just keep winning... winning, winning, winning..."

Congrats on getting the card.

And the boosts will vary. You'll see in a few weeks, most likely.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 5 of 6
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Awww thanks!!!! I really APPRECIATE everyone here in this forum. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy to know that I have you guys to lean on!!!Heart

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.