Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Choice Assets

tag
eclipse6704
Established Member

First Choice Assets

I just found out that I have an account being handled by First Choice Assets. Conviently they've been calling everyone in my family, but I've never been contacted from them in any way. Talked to these people today and got the usual threats about police, law suits, etc if I didn't pay them in full today. They talked about being willing to accept a PFD over the phone, but backed down when I asked them to email me written confirmation of a PFD before I paid them. Anyone have any experience with this company and/or have an email address for them? Thanks!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MDGirl20016
New Visitor

Re: First Choice Assets

I'm being harassed by them too.  They won't stop calling my work, threatening to call my boss.  I made a complaint to Comsumer Protection but I don't know what else to do.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: First Choice Assets

It might be helpful to review some of the debt collection practices that are specifically listed under the FDCPA.

1. If they call any party other than your spouse, they cannot state that you are even asserted to owe a debt.  They are limited only to requesting information to locate you.

Calls to third parties to attempt to obtain location information are limited to one call unless they have reason to believe that an earlier response was erroneous or incomplete, or that the third party now has correct or complete location information.  FDCPA 804(2)-(3)

2. The representation or implcation that nonpaymet of debt may result in arrest or imprisonment of any person.  FDPA 807(4).

3. The representation or implication that nonpayment will result in seizure, garnishment, attachment, or sale of property unless any such action i lawful and they intend to take that action.  FDCPA 807(4).

4. Attempt to communicate at the consumer's placd of employment if the debt collector knows or has reason to believe that the consumer's employer prohibits the cosumer from receiving any such communiications.  FDCPA 805(3).  That applies only to the consumer.  Calling your boss is separately prohibited if they inform him or her that you aer alleged to owe and are limited only to requesting location information. 

Send them notice that your employer does not permit calls at your place of employement related to any such communications.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.