Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Citizens and Interstate Coll.

tag
cpumedic

First Citizens and Interstate Coll.

Greetings folks,

I am new to Forum, currently pondering doing a -pay for deletion - request and wonder if anyone has dealt with First Citizens Bank with such matters.  I had a checking overdraft account with FCB a few years ago. The account has been in default final balance of $1100 and sold to Interstate Collections of NC. I wish to cleanup my CR and get this collection removed; Need advise whether to go for a pay for deletion. This collection along with an old utility bill are continuously showing up on my reports, namely a recent Experian CR-Pull. Any advice is appreciated.

Bill

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

Re: First Citizens and Interstate Coll.

Interstate is a PAIN in the rear to deal with.  Before i knew what i was doing, i saw they had 1 on me and i was like oh crap and i paid them.  I started rreading here and realized i should have done a PFD before dealing with them.   I called them and the lady was nasty as heck and harsh and I was SUPER nice and she wouldnt even let me finish trying to ask for a GW delete and said, you did it and we aint removing it.   UGHHHHH.   Can you pay the entire debt ?  If you can, go to First Citizens and see if you can pay them and get them to pull it back or delete it from Interstate Collections task.   If you can't, try a PFD over the phone.  If no luck try a PFD letter.  Interstate's parent company is Data Max.  Only thru Data Max can you find personnel names on the internet.

I am going to start sending GW letters next week.  Its my last collection on my CR.

If you guys know of a better way, please tell it........  Im still learning this process.

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.