Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Credit Card after BK: Open Sky

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Credit Card after BK: Open Sky

The third person on the link said "Normally they want to see the discharge before they will issue a new charge card, but nothing prohibits you from applying."

They did not say you were not supposed to, just that you may not get credit if you do.

I guess you don't realize that you if you say something, it is up to YOU to back it up with proof, not someone else.

BTW, when I said "this forum", I mean the ficoforums.

Moving On....

I am working on my rebuild, any hints or tips from those who are experienced in rebuilding is greatly appreciated!

JustMoi

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know, Em71 said "I didn't think..." and was trying to help. You are displaying a bad attitude, and I doubt many would wish to answer any question you pose. I know I'm done. Buh-bye.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The third person on the link said "Normally they want to see the discharge before they will issue a new charge card, but nothing prohibits you from applying."

They did not say you were not supposed to, just that you may not get credit if you do.

I guess you don't realize that you if you say something, it is up to YOU to back it up with proof, not someone else.

BTW, when I said "this forum", I mean the ficoforums.

Moving On....

I am working on my rebuild, any hints or tips from those who are experienced in rebuilding is greatly appreciated!

All I said was that I read it and I did back it up by showing you how to see what I read.  I can't make you look.  YOU, on the other hand, never backed up the statement in quotation marks that you attributed to me.  I guess you didn't know you have to back up what you said.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I"m sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. I didn't understand why you said we weren't supposed to, I thought you meant it was a rule or a law, like in Chapter 13.

I have read a lot of the Bk posts. Everyone's situation is different. I haven't had credit cards for over a decade, so I am not just getting back into the same debt again. I have to get a loan for a car after my discharge, so I am trying to get some positive on my report before that.

JustMoi

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see anyone in this thread with an attitude, but I do see some people acting childish. For whatever reason if you do not want to help someone : don't. Personally, I would get pretty defensive if someone told me I was breaking the law. .

As for Open Sky: get rid of them as soon as possible. I had many problems and phantom fees when trying to close mine. You might also want to check out some secured credit cards or My Jewelry Club.
Message 15 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know much about BK, I do know there are some written and "unwritten" rules.  I'm sure no malcontent was intended here.  Please play nicely.  Thank you!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 16 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Please play nice guys and gals, I will appreciate it. All of you have a great day Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.