Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Data Corporation Charge-off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

First Data Corporation Charge-off

my wife has a Chage-off from First Data Corporation in the amount of 1600 dollars, she changed banks and long story short she was in a contract, and now owes 1600. i dont really know the difference between a charge-off and a collection. can anyone explain? and do they do a PFD? this account is from 2012 so it is still fairly new. any insight would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: First Data Corporation Charge-off

@Anonymous wrote:

my wife has a Chage-off from First Data Corporation in the amount of 1600 dollars, she changed banks and long story short she was in a contract, and now owes 1600. i dont really know the difference between a charge-off and a collection. can anyone explain? and do they do a PFD? this account is from 2012 so it is still fairly new. any insight would be appreciated.

A charge off is an accounting move made by an OC to write the debt off against profit and loss. A collection is when the OC sends it out to an outside business to collect the money from you. You can attempt a PFD with an OC & a CA. I just would not contact them unless you actually have the funds to pay them in full pretty quickly since its still inside states SOL.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A charge off is an accounting move made by an OC to write the debt off against profit and loss. A collection is when the OC sends it out to an outside business to collect the money from you. You can attempt a PFD with an OC & a CA. I just would not contact them unless you actually have the funds to pay them in full pretty quickly since its still inside states SOL.

but it is still possible to do a pfd with them i assume? i just didnt find much about this company on google except that a lot of people were unhappy with their service. i coulndt find anyone saying that they paid them and they deleted from their report.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The actual name of the company is First Data Merchant Services, we have sent them a PFD for a full amount, hoping that they will delete the entire TL from her reports. I cant find anything on the internet about anyone having any success with them doing a PFD. Smiley Sad anyone here familure with them?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you have any lich with them? I was going great and changed bank accounts and this same thing happened to me with a business I once owned. I rally need this completely removed or at least the lates. Its a charge off now and a collection agency called me which is how I knew. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you have any lich with them? I was going great and changed bank accounts and this same thing happened to me with a business I once owned. I rally need this completely removed or at least the lates. Its a charge off now and a collection agency called me which is how I knew. 

Not sure if I was lucky or what, but yes we paid the full amount and they removed it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.