Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Day - Starting today. Help needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: First Day - Starting today. Help needed

Omg!! Just hung ho with Capital One- I was approved for 3,000 limit platinum card. Very excited to have three new cards now to start building.

Do you recommend I apply for more or just work w/ the three that I just got?
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Omg!! Just hung ho with Capital One- I was approved for 3,000 limit platinum card. Very excited to have three new cards now to start building.

Do you recommend I apply for more or just work w/ the three that I just got?

For now, I would work with the three you have. After the second statement closes on the Cap One Platinum card, go online to your account management, and do an online chat. Ask the rep if your account is eligible for rewards. They will upgrade it to Quicksilver. After the third statement, go online and request a CLI on the services tab.

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicely done!!!
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much.
BOA- 1k secured
Discover- 800
Cap One- 3,000

Starting here. Will work w/ IRS on the lien and starting sending out letters to delete some of the old items on the credit report.
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update 12/27:

625 Eq 

608 Trans 

620 Exp 

Wells Fargo charge off deleted 

Allied collection - deleted 

New accounts:

Cap one plat - 3k 

Cap one Quicksilver - 10k today 

J Crew - 500 

Discover - 800 

Eddie Bauer - 700 

Overstock - 8k 

Nordstorm - 1k 

Bank of America secured - 1k 

I will not be applying anymore cards... i'm happy with what i have now. 

Remaining items:

First Premier charge off 

Wells fargo charge off - paid off but working on getting it removed 

Tax liens - 3 are released and 1 i'm making payments on- need assistance in getting these removed. Kind of lost as of what to do w/ these. 

Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all- I am officially starting my journey today... after 5-6 years of avoding and just not caring... my current situation is as follows:

Current Credit:

No credit cards- no a single revoloving credit line on my report... just opened a 1k secured credit card with Bank of America- which is in the mail. 

Mortgage - last late was 2011 that's reported. I applied for a modification which i never received so I was 120+ days late and 30k behind -- which I paid and became current after realizing mod will never be approved. 

Charge offs: 1st premier and wells fargo- Wells fargo was bad. 

Collection: Allied financial - no clue where its from but I'm willing to pay as long as it's removed from my credit. It's only $340 

Bunch of closed accounts that report from years ago that were positive and some were late but been closed & paid over 6 years now. 

Biggest issue I see is tax liens:

October 2010- tax lien for 265,000  i'm making payments on this currently 

Two tax liens from 2014- 54k and 31k - both i paid off earlier this year. 

Please give me some hope here... Will I ever have decent credit w/ a huge tax lien and will ever even get approved for a unsecured due to the big tax lien? Where shoudl I start... 

My scores today EQ 635 TU 592 EX 608 

Please help. I would appreciate your help/feedback. I will keep this thread as my log... 

IMO, your biggest problem is not the tax lien, its the lack of any current revolving credit. You need to get at least three revolving accounts opened up in order to push your scores up.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.